owners manual for 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyo

Reaction score
I bought a 2003 parker 1801 used and was wondering if there's anywhere I could buy an owners manual.

Best I got for my '92 from Parker was an electrical schematic and layout of the hull/cockpit stringers.

Get your Hull Identification Number (HIN) off the starboard stern top transom and call Parker. They're great :D !

Ditto. No "boat owner's" manual, but I did get a wiring diagram, the Yami owners manuals, and the Horizon windlass installation manual.

At the end of my first season, I wrote Robin a letter of my "lessons learned." I mentioned the fact that I paid 3x of what I would for a car, but the car comes with a manual. I thought they should put together a manual, even if it is printed on bond paper from a laser printer.

All in all, Chapman's is the best owner's manual any boat owner could have and read.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through Chapman's and will have it read cover to cover before I ever launch. Figure it's something that I should do if I'm going to have my kids on the boat!!!

That book is a slow read.
Make sure you take a boaters course.
I got the same boat, and have young children also.
Make sure you have a cutoff switch when your underway and if your solo I would wear a life jacket.
I looked at the stats for boating mishaps. A lot of preventable fatalities due to no life preserver.
Good luck.

My 2004 1801 did not have an owner's manual for the boat. Had manuals for the engine and electronics. The crew at TSM has been most helpful when I had a question, so I would recomend that you develop a good relationship with your local dealer.
I second the safety lanyard advice...always wear it when out alone.
The 1801 is a great handling boat for it's size but Momma Chesapeake can rise up and slap you real quick. I've been running along WOT in mild wind chop and suddenly run into 4-6 ft waves from a passing ship that's now 5 miles away. Bounce ya real good !!!
Enjoy the boat, its a good one.
I did get a jetski lanyard to replace the factory one, it's longer and just slips around my wrist, found it was a PIA to constantly clip on and off the stock safety lanyard.

Latest posts

Back