OX66 Tachometer Problem - Help?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnWired

Reaction score
Have a 2001 Yamaha OX66 Saltwater II .

The tachometer when I bought it was cracked in the LCD display, so, I purchased another one.

The Tachs are different, the original didn't have a button, the new one has 2 buttons for mode and Set. The wiring was almost identical between the two of them.

Started the motor today and 0 RPMs displayed on the gauge. The only thing that changed was the tach... does anyone have a clue? I can take pictures of the tach, or get some #s easily. I did play with all of the dip switches. One other thing, there's a pink wire on the back of this tach that was not on the original, but it's for trim indicator.

I can't speak directly to that tach but some that I have installed in the past had to be set to 4 or 6 cylinder operation. Usually by a small switch on the back. That would be obvious to check and I'm sure you probably did but that is all I can add.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the response... that's what I tried, because there's 3 dips in the back... I tried flipping them around and starting the engine, about 10 different ways, tried different combos, but that's a great idea. I forgot there's a 4-6 cylinder models of the engine and those dips are probably for that.

When flipping them around, I noticed that my engine tilt started flashing in one mode, the temp was flashing in another. Not alot of documentation with Yamaha's gauges.

Speaking to my boat mechanic this morning and he had no clue either.

Well, hopefully someone will read this and have a clue what's going on... I've got some research to do. Thanks again!

Back