Painting bracket topside - stupid Qs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greenwood, Indiana & Charlotte Harbor, Florida
The bracket needs to be painted but have not found a shop SW Florida to do it or if have a trailer would take it to Warthog.

Previous or first owner painted the top side only and it is not flaking or any scratching but- did it with a brush and looks awful and white.

I was planning to sand lighty, apply primer and roll on eggshell white color Awlgrip with non skid to the top side only until I find a shop close to the water and or buy a trailer.
At least the top side will look better.

Anyone did this?

Any comments????

Brent . DIY . Pettit EZ Poxy Topside Hatteras off White . Comes in quarts . No mixing . Brush or roll Flows out great and good color match. I have used in the past and can easily get 2 to 4 years pending use. You can add or sprinkle grit if you need more traction.
Paint , applicator and mineral spirits is all you need
m2cw :wink:
I

charlesretired":39v2uros said:
Brent . DIY . Pettit EZ Poxy Topside Hatteras off White . Comes in quarts . No mixing . Brush or roll Flows out great and good color match. I have used in the past and can easily get 2 to 4 years pending use. You can add or sprinkle grit if you need more traction.
Paint , applicator and mineral spirits is all you need
m2cw :wink:
I
Thank you. Charles

B2

I plan to lightly sand with 220 grit on a pad sander, clean, apply primer, sand, clean then top coat

Looking at Interlux Brightside paint.

Did the paint match the hull or bracket? I want it to match to hull.

About all I can do now and recovering from double hip replacement surgeries

Pettit EZ Poxy is a single stage Glorified alkyd enamel. I did use it the cabinets in my house.....But I would not use it on a boat.

Back