Parker 17 prop info

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDG

Reaction score
Any other readers have a Parker 17 center console with a Yamaha c85? (its a great little boat!) I'm thinking about getting a new prop and do not have any specs. Thanks

Also just plain curious if anyone else has this boat. Mine is from 1993 and in great shape. Any one else have this boat?

No prop info, but my dad has a 17. He repowered from a Honda 50 (too small) to a etec 90, now it goes quite well. Great little boat for one or two persons to fish from

I have a 91 Parker 17' - Bought it new, it's always been a great boat for the kind of fishing and boating I do. When I purchased the boat in 91 it had an 85 Yamaha on it. I never liked the motor as it never would idle just right plus you had to mix the gas & oil. After about a year I purchased a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke which had the fuel injection, this was a very good motor and the boat ran great with it. I ended up not using the boat for a couple of years and it sat in the garage, the carbs got messed up and it would not run right. A couple of years ago I traded in the 90 2 stroke and got a new 90 4 stroke. I love this motor, the boat will "fly" and has great "out of the hole" power. The only thing with the 4 stroke is the motor is about 100 lbs. heavier and sits the stern of the boat a few inches lower in the water. The engine has very good power is very quiet and you don't have the 2 stoke fumes. I'm very happy with this little boat and motor.

Attachments

• IMG_0051 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0051 (Small).JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 145
Thanks, all. Not surprised we all agree about the fine qualities of this little boat! I'm curious about how the heavier motor affects the scuppers and deck drain? I would imagine that a couple of inches would put the drain holes in the water. I wonder because I anticipate repowering at some point in the future with a 90 four stroke.

The 90 four-stroke puts the water just about to the top of the scuppers so yes they are under water. They seem to still work well but not knowing if I wanted to trust this I purchased a couple of 1-1/4" deck plugs with the folding handle that expands them and put them in the scuppers from the inside of the boat, when the folding handle is tightened they seal very well. The scuppers work fine, the only thing I would not trust is if the boat was left in the water all the time at dock. My boat is trailered so this is no problem. With wave action the scuppers usually are in and out of the water and still work.
The four stoke is a great engine, Yamaha has a 75 Hp but it weights the same as the 90 so why underpower.
Hope this helps.

Back