Parker 18 fuel tank replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toates

Reaction score
Considering a 1988 Parker 18. Needs a new fuel tank (leaking). Does this Parker have a deck access large enough to pull the tank without having to cut out the deck? Thanks

It is not that big of a deal. We cut the floor of my 18 and replaced the tank and RDF in Florida probably still has the specs on the one you have as they did on my 1993. Replaced the tank but make sure you coat it with coal tar epoxy before putting it back in the hull. Then we attached 1 1/2 x1 1/2 anodized angle bracing to the stringers to have something to bolt the cut deck panel back to and then we glassed and epoxied the whole thing, sanded and recoated the floor with the Durabak nonskid in a light Grey. Here is a picture of what we did.

Attachments

• TANK INSTALL.jpg
    TANK INSTALL.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,035
  • FLOOR PICS 001.jpg
    FLOOR PICS 001.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,032
  • FLOOR PICS 002.jpg
    FLOOR PICS 002.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,033
The tank is a standard tank for Parker and it is made by RDF in Florida. They still have the jig for it. It is a 40 gallon tank. 84 inches longx7inches deep by 14 inches wide. Give me a call and I can walk you through what we did because if you are going to take on the project, you may as well do it right and that involves an epoxy coating on the tank and some other minor glass work we did to reinforce the stringers behind the tank and we totally enclosed the coffin area. PM me and I will send you my number.

Bob

Latest posts

Back