Parker 1801 f115

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadaw010

Reaction score
Does this boat porpoise at 50 percent trim?

What is minimum planing speed?

How much does it really draft on average with engine up?

Thanks!!!

Sadaw010":3nwfurk9 said:
Does this boat porpoise at 50 percent trim?

What is minimum planing speed?

How much does it really draft on average with engine up?

Thanks!!!
Not sure what you mean by 50% trim, but... I have an almost new 1801 w the 115. Despite my lack of experience with the boat I have had no issues with porpoising. If it starts to porpoise I change the trim a little. No big deal. Any boat will porpoise under the right conditions of trim. You just change the trim a little.

When I did a test drive I still had the boat on plane at 12-14 MPH. That's with trim tabs.

Can't help you with draft - I haven't checked.

I was trying to find out with out trim tabs. Guess the boat needs them? What tabs did you go with and do have the xb115 yamaha? Thanks

The 18 I had with a 140 2S did not have tabs and the motor trim controlled any porposeing just fine. Later had a 21 SE and tabs are a must on that boat except in perfectly calm water then motor trim handled it OK.

Thanks for feed back. Does this boat have hard time getting on plan? Should I get 17 pitch prop on a f115.

I've got a 15 x 17 Yamaha prop on mine and it jumps up pretty quickly. The old one was a 16 pitch and it was slower, but not horrible. If you've got a couple of grown men with you, you'll want them to stand a little forward of the console, but it's not a big deal.

Eric

Back