Parker 1801 question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molson

Reaction score
Do parker 1801.need trim tabs ? or permatrim fin? I am looking at a Parker 1801 with 115 yami and it is a dog out of the hole. Is that just the norm? Also if you cut the wheel and do a sharp turn it cavitates

I thought about getting trim tabs on my 1801 - F115 when I bought the boat 10 years ago. I didn't do it and honestly in those 10 years I've never been on the water and said - I wish I had trim tabs. I've had 5 fat guys on the boat, pulled tubes, skiers, and been in 5 ft swells with 30 mph gusts on the Chesapeake bay and its done just fine. Its a great boat!

I thought about getting trim tabs on my 1801 - F115 when I bought the boat 10 years ago. I didn't do it and honestly in those 10 years I've never been on the water and said - I wish I had trim tabs. I've had 5 fat guys on the boat, pulled tubes, skiers, and been in 5 ft swells with 30 mph gusts on the Chesapeake bay and its done just fine. Its a great boat!

Have you ever had a boat with trim tabs? I’ve boated all my life. First 4 boats didn’t have tabs, and never thought anything of it. Most recent Parker 25 came with tabs. TOTAL GAME CHANGER! I would never have a boat without tabs again. Such an easy upgrade for so much benefit.

We have an 1801 w/ the 115 Motor as well: what you are reporting is not my experience at all. We do not have trim tabs but I am going to add them: Not for the hole shot but rather for listing correction as we have 3-4 people on board when fishing and 5-6 people on board when cruising. I'm not sure what is going on w/ your 1801 but hole shot w/ that motor should be absolutely fine.

Have you ever had a boat with trim tabs? I’ve boated all my life. First 4 boats didn’t have tabs, and never thought anything of it. Most recent Parker 25 came with tabs. TOTAL GAME CHANGER! I would never have a boat without tabs again. Such an easy upgrade for so much benefit.

Yup! I put Bennetts on a 23' Grady. Much heavier, wider than an 1801. 90% of the time I have either 1-2 people on my boat and it does just fine. If I always fished with 4-5 people I'm sure tabs would help listing, but I would be looking for a bigger boat.

Do parker 1801.need trim tabs ? or permatrim fin? I am looking at a Parker 1801 with 115 yami and it is a dog out of the hole. Is that just the norm? Also if you cut the wheel and do a sharp turn it cavitates
Can NEVER go wrong with adding trim tabs. They will help you get balance the boat load , get on plan , handle chop , and maintain plan at a lower speed. Can’t go wrong with having them

Do parker 1801.need trim tabs ?or permatrim fin? They help. I've never seen negative results from either modification (other than the cost to benifit ratios)

I am looking at a Parker 1801 with 115 yami and it is a dog out of the hole. Is that just the norm? No, This may be do to operator error/inexperience

Also if you cut the wheel and do a sharp turn it cavitates. This is more common on these style hulls being so flat there is little keel which along with too much speed in the turn we skip and cavitate. Its nibble at the right speed tho.

Weight distribution is so very often overlooked.

late reply but....I have a 2006 1801 with F115 that was also suboptimal with hole shot for skiers. IMO the F115 excels at cruise sipping fuel- but less power to pull up a skier than my old Evinrude 115 2 stroke. Re-propped with a cupped stainless steel prop and all is well.

I have the f115 the permatrim helps a lot getting on plane better and lower speeds but ultimately the boat is usually sold with the 19 pitch prop witch is good when I’m solo but I swapped it out with a 17 for when I have more weight.

Back