Parker 2120 Fuel tank Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigeye2k

Reaction score
I removed the two deck fuel covers on My 2006 2120DVSC and saw that there a about an 1/8 of and inch of salty slim on the fuel tank. I pressure washed it off but my question is does water only drain off the top of the Gas tank into the rear area of the boat or does the water also drain from below the gas tank.

Thanks in advance.

Tanks are all supposed to be embedded in foam. Not sure where the water would go, as it can't drain to the bottom and out a limber hole. Wet foam against aluminium fuel tanks has a tendency to cause pitting, and eventually leaks.

I'd call the factory and ask for guidance.

Dave

aka

I contacted my local dealer who said that it should drain into the hull area. I will calll Parker on Monday to make sure. Thank god i caught it right away before there was any pitting. I have left all the hatches open to hopefully evap all the mostiure. Thank god for 70 deg so cal weather in February. Thanks for the reply Porkchunker.
I love this site!!!!!!!!

It is wise to contact the factory with this issue.

One important thing to remember is to not try and remove the water you added or was there with an electric shop vac.

If errant gasoline fumes and static electricity are any way present tou could have a real disaster on your hands.

Good Luck
Tom

I would want to know about the salt, ie where did the salt water come from? Really investigate this issue, as something maybe a foot beyond the obvious. Check your "o" rings on the deck caps. Is there a leaky live well near the tank? The "o" rings should be nice and clean and the also check the cap area for any trash that might effect the seal. Good luck man.

i had this same experience with my 2004 23 DVCC. the gumba at the factory who was supposed to tighten the hose clamps on the livewell must have been sick that day.

needless to say i was switching batteries while the livewell was running one day and noticed a steady stream of saltwater running over the top of the gas tank and then down the bulkhead into the bilge.

i called Parker's engineer who informed me that the foam around the tank is closed cell foam and does not retain or absorb water. i was advised obviously to correct the leaky hose clamps, and then to run a copious amount of FW over the same area. leave the access plates off and run warm dry air into one hole (the aft hole which was lower because i raised the bow) so the air would flow through the area above the tank. i let the air go to it for 3 days. it seemed to dry everything out. never got any mold, or pitting. seemed to work fine.

Back