Parker 2120 pull tube or ski

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zricky

Reaction score
So I am in the market for a 2120, I was wondering if the 150hp engine is strong enough to pull a person around in a tube or water ski, or should I look for a 2120 with a 200HP engine.

Zricky":2yz4jf1x said:
So I am in the market for a 2120, I was wondering if the 150hp engine is strong enough to pull a person around in a tube or water ski, or should I look for a 2120 with a 200HP engine.

Should not be an issue at all with the 150.

I have a 2120 dv with a 150 on her, She could pull several tubes at the same time, I'm sure of this...(I have never pulled a tube with her...yet)

Any suggestion on where to tie the tube to the boat? Do you think the transom is strond enough to handle the extra force of a tube?

Zricky":3bgnm169 said:
Any suggestion on where to tie the tube to the boat? Do you think the transom is strond enough to handle the extra force of a tube?

If you have a ski bridle, clip the two ends to the two eyes on the transom.
If you don't have a bridle, just attach to either eye.
Just understand that if you only attach to one, she might pull a bit to that one side.

The transom is way strong enough.

Need a bridle....my 23SE didnt like it one bit with it attached to one side.

That was with a 225

We use the "Water Devil Bridle"

The 150 will do just fine for tubing...

BUT, you will never regret having 200hp on that boat...

My 2004 2120 has the F200 four stroke...

I have NEVER wished to have less horsepower..

If you get the 150, you might wish you had more..

8) "There is no replacement for displacement." 8)

Just my opinion.... :shock:

Kevin M5

When I bought my 2120 new in 2007, I did a lot of research on the 150 4S vs. the 200 for the boat. After a number of discussions with Yamaha and Parker dealers and this forum, I bought the 150 and have been very pleased.

The 200 would have added 2 MPH to my top end speed (40 MPH vs. 38 MPH (for most conditions of fuel load, passengers, etc.) and 50 more pounds on the transom plus more cost and higher fuel burn. Probably get the extra engine cost back - or most of it - on resale. The last Yamaha engineer I spoke with said the 150 was the first engine in that HP range to be designed from scratch to be a 4S and he highly recommended it to me over the 200.

I installed the wider trim tabs and finally found the correct prop so I can hit the 5800 - 5900 RPM range and about 38 MPH WOT. To come out of the hole with a skier, as you may know, the big tabs will help and they would have to be all the way down as would the trim on the motor or you could look at the sky for awhile.

The last time I had the boat out of the water I raised the engine up one hole on the transom and the boat runs better. May go up another hole next time as the flat plate on the bottom of the engine still is not completely on top of the water at WOT and trimmed properly but could be a marginal gain at this point..........................Pete

I have an 1801 with a 115 four stroke...pull two tubes with 4-6 kids total (ages 9-13) easily! Your 150 will be no problem.

Back