Parker 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetrooper

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum. Looking to get my first saltwater boat. Have been researching different vessels and keep coming back to the parkers. I know this question probably gets thrown around a lot but wanted some input.

I'm looking to get a used deep v 2120 SC with a single outboard for fishing out of hatteras. I have about 2 weeks a year I can stay down there to fish all week and can also dart down to make runs on most weekends if I want to make the drive.

Have dry rack dock available and can also tow but in all likelihood will leave in the rack.
Main focus would like to be able to go 40-50 miles out into the gulf to hit the pelagic fish BUT still Hit kingfish a bit closer and be able to putter around the sound.

Assuming all my ducks are in a row as far as safety epuipment maintenance etc would I be limiting myself down there? I know there are better bigger options but I just like this size and style of boat. Would hate to make the buy and barley be able to fish open water. What type of conditions do you guys in the 2120 comfortably go out in? Just don't Wana regret not getting a bigger boat. Like I said I have about 2 weeks a year I could be down there going hard where I couldn't choose the weather so don't Wana be sitting at home

Thanks
Pete

To me, a 21 is just too small to expect to make regular 40-50 mile runs out to the Gulf stream. That boat will do it, but you have little margin for safety if the weather changes or the seas kick up. Also, the inlet at Hatteras can get hairy and is on-again-off-again in terms of being easily navigable.

I have run my 23 DVCC to the stream out of Hatteras and it worked fine, but I was there for a week and only fished two days because of the weather. Hatteras is too small to offer more than a day or so of non-fishing activity, at least for me.

I would rethink your plan.

Last edited:
Hey guys new to the forum. Looking to get my first saltwater boat. Have been researching different vessels and keep coming back to the parkers. I know this question probably gets thrown around a lot but wanted some input.

I'm looking to get a used deep v 2120 SC with a single outboard for fishing out of hatteras. I have about 2 weeks a year I can stay down there to fish all week and can also dart down to make runs on most weekends if I want to make the drive.

Have dry rack dock available and can also tow but in all likelihood will leave in the rack.
Main focus would like to be able to go 40-50 miles out into the gulf to hit the pelagic fish BUT still Hit kingfish a bit closer and be able to putter around the sound.

Assuming all my ducks are in a row as far as safety epuipment maintenance etc would I be limiting myself down there? I know there are better bigger options but I just like this size and style of boat. Would hate to make the buy and barley be able to fish open water. What type of conditions do you guys in the 2120 comfortably go out in? Just don't Wana regret not getting a bigger boat. Like I said I have about 2 weeks a year I could be down there going hard where I couldn't choose the weather so don't Wana be sitting at home

Thanks
Pete
Hey Pete, welcome to ClassicParker! We boat/fish eastern NC, mostly the Pamlico Sound, which IS the back yard for Hatteras, and also the adjoining rivers. The 2120 will be fine for the times you mentioned that you want to fish the sounds, but even then it's important to pick the good-weather days. The Pamlico is shallow, with short, steep seas in even moderate winds. (especially NE or SW winds, 15+ will make for a sloppy day, because of the longer fetch). . A single engine 2120, although do-able, is not the ideal 40-50 mile offshore boat. (just my opinion). Here on CP there will be some who agree, and just as many who don't! ☺

Back