Parker 2310

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOOPHOLE

Reaction score
Looking to buy a 2310 Walk, but the dealer in my area says once he gets the deposit and orders the boat, it's MY Boat.

I'd like to take a ride in one before I shell out the deposit. I hear a lot of great feedback but there is no substitute for the ride in the real thing.

Anyone have one in South Florida? Have Gas $ :D

PM "grouperjim" here @ THT. Not only does he have a new 23, he really knows dealers and pricing. He's in the Tampa area.

I would find another dealer. He expects you to buy a boat unseen? And hope you like it? He could at least check other dealers and arrange a test ride for you. Surely there's a way to work something out.

I saw your post over on THT and replied. Based on the post, I thought it might be a Parker.

The dealer is not off base to want decline to order a $65k custom order boat and let you back out based on a sea trial. That is a lot of change to tie up in inventory if you don't like the ride. Do the sea trial first then plop the change down on the special order.

I know you can find a 2310 somewhere to sea trial. I know if you wanted to sea trial a 2510, I'd take you out in a heartbeat.

Dave

aka

FishFactory":3qb1pjy6 said:
PM "grouperjim" here @ THT. Not only does he have a new 23, he really knows dealers and pricing. He's in the Tampa area.

Good advice. I've got a 2520scxl and in St. Pete Beach. Happy to take you out if your up? this way.

Loophole - did you ask that dealer to put you in contact with a customer that already has a 2310? I bet, if you offer to pay for gas, the customer would take you out for a sea trial. Personally, I have taken several people out for a spin. It never hurts to ask. Where are you located my dock mate has a 2310 with a 200 HPDI.

By the way... pricing on boats is tricky. Unlike cars, there is no readily available "source" of dealer cost and markups. However, having a few very close friends in the industry, I can tell you that if you can buy a new boat at about 25-30% behind msrp, you are getting a good deal. In other words, the markup is about 25-35% over dealer cost.

Having said that, I expect to get some "heated" disagreements from those in the industry, but I assure you, depending on the model, time on the lot, options, etc., I am not far off.

Know that and be a smart boat shopper. In this economy, it's a buyers market. Good Luck.

Always willing to take a shipmate for a ride. What coast are you on? I know The Boat Center in Lauderdale will always let you take out a boat before you pay any $$.

jim

grouperjim":1uls5z7o said:
Always willing to take a shipmate for a ride. What coast are you on? I know The Boat Center in Lauderdale will always let you take out a boat before you pay any $$.

jim

I'm just down the street from the Boat Center, Chick doesn't have a 2310 and he's not getting one. He wants a deposit, then he'll order one and then, it's my boat. I'd like to take the boat for a spin before I put down a non-refundable deposit. That's where it's at right now. I drove to the west coast twice to look at an 07, but the dealer wanted more for the 07 than the 08 at the local. Just trying to spend some time on the hook to see how she'll behave snap fishing and trolling speed. Last, I'd like to see if the trim tabs get the job done for this size boat.

There's a pretty good article about sea trials in the sept 07 issue of Boating Mag. The article made a lot of sense as far as putting the boat through some real world before buying.

LoopHole, I was in the same postion as you a few years ago when trying to decide if I wanted to purchase a 21se center console. I was in the process of finding one in the niddle of the winter, and there was no way to get a sea trial.

I went on my gut instinct, from all of the articles that I had read as well as from internet sites such as this. I placed my order and 6 weeks later, it arrived and everything worked out fine. Parker boats are well documented, and you shouldn't have a problem finding honest opinions regarding the model you are interested in. IF you did your research, and find that this particular boat meets your needs, you will not be disapointed.

Bucktail":1n2z5qqz said:
LoopHole, I was in the same postion as you a few years ago when trying to decide if I wanted to purchase a 21se center console. I was in the process of finding one in the middle of the winter, and there was no way to arrange for a sea trial.

I went on my gut instinct, from all of the articles that I had read as well as from internet sites such as this. I placed my order and 6 weeks later, it arrived and everything worked out fine. Parker boats are well documented, and you shouldn't have a problem finding honest opinions regarding the model you are interested in. IF you did your research, and find that this particular boat meets your needs, you will not be disapointed.

ScoopsAhoy":3vbsd6jp said:
Not what you want but check out the pricing on this one.

http://www.familyboatingcenters.com/inv ... yItem&ID=9

I actually drove up to this dealer and saw this boat and a Sailfish 234. My 20 CC had a cutout transom and I didn't care for the cutout. The Sail just didn't have the right layout for me. I also didn't care for the fuel tank they put in the Sailfish. We then drove to a dealer south of Tampa and saw the 2007 2310. Liked the boat but the dealer wanted more for the 07 than the new 08. That didn't make sense, but his call.

Boat sales are tough and I'm not taking anything away from the dealer. I'm a business owner and I know what it's like to have to make payroll when things are tight. He's got to manage his Balance Sheet and P &L the way he sees fit. It's his money. I wouldn't carry more inventory than necessary in this buyers market either especially if I've got to pay a point or two over prime to hold the stuff.

As far as research, I've looked at Century, Wellcraft, Polar, Sailfish, Sportcraft, Scout, Cobia, Sea Fox, Sea Ox, Key West, Hydrasport, Aquasport, Proline and probably a few others. I researched several websites regarding owner feedback on these boats. For me, the Parker just looked like the right balance of fish, fit and layout and it was in my budget.

I've done the research and I'm 90% there, but the water time on the 2310 will make or break the purchase.

I can patient and wait. Someone in florida has to have a 2310... I hope. I can go to the factory if that's what it takes.

Thanks for all your ideas and help guys. Keep em coming.

PS I wanted the Pilot house and the Little woman ICKSNAYED that, a touch of the walls closing in on her. Rats! Plenty of pilots around, just a different weight distribution.

I would have to pick one that no-one else has!

LOOPHOLE":38q0x9g5 said:
I can go to the factory if that's what it takes.

Actually... not a bad idea if you have the time to take a couple of days of R&R in Beaufort NC.
You could see the factory operation, see first hand the quality of construction, and compare the different models.
If you make arrangements ahead of time, you might even get to sea trial a 2310. :wink:

Wouldn't hurt to call and ask. 252-728-5621

I have a number for a guy that just took delivery on a 2320 down here in South Florida. Playing phone tag, with him.

A trip to NC would be a nice getaway.

Hey Megabyte guess you called the co a few times yourself. Thanks for the number :D

Spoke to Jeff up there and he seems like a nice guy. Full of information. It would be cool to get pics of the boat during construction. That might mean 2 trips. HMMMM

Ive got a 23DVCC>...

Here in Key Biscayne...

Come on down....
Should ride close to the 2310.... But Don't know really. I've been meaning to fill up the tank (changes the ride characteristics)... It would be best to sea trial it that way.

Send me a private email wbpozo at yahoo ... if your interested.

wicho...

Chick is not exactly Mr. Personality, but I guess to qualify my earlier statement, the boat you wanted to test drive would obviously need to be on the lot, so I do understand Chick's position.

I don't understand why you could not get together on price or even a test ride on the 2310 in Tampa being that Family Boating has lost their Parker deaelrship and is blowing everything out. Not much left there. A few weeks ago he let a new 2320 go for 43.5K.

As far as the trim tabs go, they will probably be about the only thing that will disappoint you. 12x12s are really too small for a boat of this size and weight. Most Parker owners quickly upgrade to a more appropriate width either 12x18, 12x24, 9x24. Tons of threads here that discuss this issue.

Good luck.

jim

I guess dealers want deposits to separate the serious buyers from the tire kickers. Otherwise they would be spending all their time giving boat rides.

Jim's right about Family Boating. That's where I bought my 2006 2520scxl a month ago. With options, sticker was $78k. I bought it for $57k.
I know he has a few left. I think he has a 23 on the Baypines (Tyrone Blvd) location.
Ask for Victor. That dealership is on the water and more likely to sea trial it for you.

I spoke to chick and he said that he doubted if the dealer south of Tampa would go for it. According to Chick, Once a boat is put into salt water, It's considered Used. His words. I don't know the law on this matter but if anyone does, chime right in.

Chick did put be in touch with a guy in Miami with a 2320 with a F250 on the back. He cant say enough good things about it. We're targeting this weekend or next to scoot around a little on his boat. Chick is making it worth his while.

I check with the dealer up north but I did go to the Family dealership in tampa and all they had was the 2120 with a cutout instead of a bracket.

Just got off the phone with Family boating in Tampa. 2120 and 1801 are the only things left. Thanks for trying though :D

Just saw a 2320 sc at a dealers called Shafer's in Pinellas Park, FL. Got a Yammi 250 on it. Don't know the year. This dealers sells Scouts and Skiffs. This is the first Parker I've seen there.

Nice boat.

Back