Parker 2320 fuel tank size changed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QwikSticks

Reaction score
Noticed on the Parker site the 2320 tank is only 137 gallons now instead of 150. Any speculation on what caused this change? I sure love the 150 gallon tank in mine.

Could be anything.
Change of tank supplier, slight design change under deck, reduction of weight, change of balance...

OR... the fact that todays 4-stroke outboards get better mileage that motors of the past.
Could be any, all, or none of the above. :)

According to Parker, the tanks capacity has been reduced due to new EPA and Coast Guard mandated fuel tank requirements concerning fuel tank emissions and discharge. The actual fuel tank dimensions do not change but because of design changes within the tank the fuel tank holding capacities are less.

Most of the boats I fish on (besides mine) have more than one tank. Since Parkers are ass heavy I have always hoped Parker would design a two tank setup with a 100 gal amidship and another 50 gal aft of that. This design would really help the weight and balance. If Parker has removed a whole 13 gals (about 100#), I hope it came off the aft portion of the tank.

While I strictly use non ethanol gas in my boat, many others use fuel with ethanol which is a bit unstable in a marine environment especially when it sits for a long time in a 150 gal tank. A two tank system with separate 100 gal tank would allow for more turnover of fresh fuel and reduce the chance of phase separation with these ethanol laced fuels. Two fuel sources also makes for safer boating. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back