• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parker 2320 on Ebay

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
salbrent":1i6piw7p said:
I am concerned with 300hp HPDI issues on the hulltruth site.

Don't believe everything you hear on THT. :roll:

The first generation 300 HPDI's had issues, but a 2005 model should be a solid performer. Look at the maintenance records to be sure.

salbrent":1gnxeowl said:
I am concerned with 300hp HPDI issues on the hulltruth site.

Megabyte is correct. Most of those issues were taken care of. I might suggest if you are serious about that boat, contact the owner to get the engine serial number. Take it to a Yammie dealer and have him run a history. If you don't have one localy, you might contact Andy at :
http://www.shipyardisland.com and ask him if he might help you with it. He has great prices and super service.
BTW, I sort of wish I had done this when I bought my Parker, as I found out afterwards, the engine had had a powerhead replacement. :shock: and :?

Was this just an issue on the 300 HPDI? I'm looking at a parker with a 2003 200 HPDI, is this an issue? What exactly was the problem?

johnennis":4foa6ic3 said:
I'm looking at a parker with a 2003 200 HPDI, is this an issue? What exactly was the problem?

The Yamaha 200 HPDI is one of the most reliable motors (other than the OX66 series) that the company ever built. You shouldn't have any worries with that one so long as it was maintained properly.

On this boat the seller state
"yes had problems 1st year shipped with impropper filters for ethonal and also had it upgrsded if thats the word by yahma other then that its been fine have had it serviced every spring with new filter and plugs as i have found after fogging out to winterize this must be done run the boat about 2 hrs in spring to run out fogging oil then do service will sell subjuct to demo or anything the buyer requests its in my driveway right now and schedulad to be shrinkwrapped on thursday 13th its cleaned and polished after coming back from fishing trip after a week fishing at montauk had 6-8 foot seas no problem ( was a little uncomfortable but no way scarey )this boat is built for any reasonable seas if you have any conserns call me at 631-271 0192 regards george"

I requested the motor serial number but it has not been received to date

Yes the owner's first name is George and his email address is [email protected]. The ad is correct with high quality images but missing some details. The engine serial is #6dox1001629 (provided my seller) and trailer needs a 2 5/8" ball. The $600 air horns still do not work after 3 replacements. Unbelievable. He is taking a lostl but not the first one to do so. He answers every email and you can call him anytime.

My opinion is this a great deal and a motivated seller. Since I am shopping from Indiana and today's market is a buyers market, I have some leverage and expect more information and value added service. Many sellers do not reply and just attempt to sell a boat "AS IS" and bring this attitude with their communication and I assume along with the bad economy and do not understand the market esp when using the Classic Parker and Ebay sites that potential buyers and of course a lot of jokers and deadbeats are interested purchasing a high quality boat like a Parker and located around the globe. Buyers like me would like more information about history, use and service before seeing it. I am not retired and working 2 jobs and lack the free time to travel mainly to the east coast to see this boat or others without additional good reason or as this seller said "jump on a plane". Having said all of this, my only concern is motor which is $25k or more piece of equipment. I asked the seller to send me copies of service records. The motor has been serviced. By who, I dont know. Some service according to seller was performed by Yamaha (dealer? service center? ??) during the first 2 years. One issue was alcohol content in the gas and the need to replace the fuel filters and spark plugs year. Fairly standard routine process along with fluid changes. I expected the seller provide these details and if serviced by Yamaha to provide the printout of any diagnostic tests and the service history. It is all in the computer. So this lack of information and busy at work along a total lost of a home due to flooding has kept me from seeing the boat and making arrangements with the seller for a sea trail, and the selling price keeps dropping. I posted a request here on the CP site for a good surveyor in the NY or LI area but no one replied. Lastly, I prefer to purchase an used boat from the seller and not a dealer or brokers b/c most owners are "darn" proud of their boat which is an extension of the person and have great fishing stories, too.

I hope this helps and do not worry my interest in buying the boat. If I really wanted it, I would it bought earlier esp if I have some documentation the motor was a "solid" as stated or a mechanic or service center to contact but none the less, it is great looking boat, clean, well maintained and a proud owner.

Hello - newbie here.

All the boats I looked at on-line have smaller engines.

Does a 300 hp engine exceed rated max capacity?

Thanks

Chip

If a boat is to be used for commercial or public safety purposes, the horsepower rating does not apply.

There often are larger engines installed on the boats you see. The engine sizes listed in the catalog are "Recommended Power". If you want to turn your Pilot House into a Bass boat, you can go to the Maximum HP rating indicated on the manufacturers plate or decal attached to the boat. The decal on my 2520XL indicates 450 HP! :shock: 8) Wow a new Armstrong bracket and a pair of 225HP Optimax's 8) Now let's see if I can get a $60,000 bailout loan :lol:

Back