Parker 2320 twin outboards?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARKW432156

Reaction score
I have been shopping hard for a Parker boat and came across a
used Parker 2320 Sport Cabin with twin 115-4 stroke yamahas.

Parker currentlly only offers the 2320 rigged with up to a single 250 according to their website.

I am concerned :( about the weight of the twin 115-4 stroke yamahas (800lbs plus) versus a single 250 yamaha -530lbs hung way back there on the bracket. Concerns in general are ride and scuppers below the water line.

Am not looking for a fix like adding weight forward etc - but can anyone tell me if they have seen 4 stroke twin 115's setup on a parker 2320 and if the boat handled them well?

Appreciate being able to access the parker boat knowledge base.
Mark W

CP member Porkchunker has a pair of 115's on his 2510, but I can't say that I've ever seen a 23 with twins.

Megabyte thanks for the reply.

I called an spoke with an engineer at Parker boats yesterday and he stated that some 2320 SC's circa 2001 were rigged with twin two strokes but that they were not doing that anymore.

The engineer stopped short of saying that the 115 four strokes would be to heavy. Am interested - and I would just go see the boat and sea trial it, but it is located around 300 miles from me. Long way to drive.....if it is not going to be what I need.
Mark W

Mark,

I know there is a few 2320's with twin F-115's out here in So Cal. I was very interested in one about 3 years ago. I ended up with the 2520 but I can give you a little info on that setup.

I met a guy out here that has one a talked to him quite a bit. I was trying to have them build me one with the twins. The dealer I was talking with went back and forth with me and Parker to see if they would do it. They finally said no. They had just stopped production. Parker does not like bad publicity on their products. It is a little heavy in the back but it's not like it's a dangerous thing. With that setup they had a few complaints that water would come back in the scuppers and the deck would stay wet.

This guy out here that has one loves his boat. As a mater of fact he and his best friend have identical boats. He liked his buddies so much he went right out and got one for himself.

Gosh...I hate to say this, and I hope the Gods of Yamaha don't strike me down, but...

I sure wish the 23's were available with a Zuke 300 four stroke. Same with the 25's. The 300 Yamaha is just too damned heavy, in my opinion. But a 300 would be perfect on the deep vee 23's and 25's.

Mark, I own a 1995 PARKER 2330 with twin four stroke 115s on a bracket and I love the way the boat performs . docking a parker can be a handfull in a cross wind, the twins really make docking a snap. I have never had any problems with the stern being too heavy,and my boat is the extended cabin,which already weighs more than the standard cabin boat. when i did the repower two years ago, i took off twin 130 2 stroke yamahas, it only added around 120 pounds,and parker built my boat with twins from the factory.In my humble opinion you should be fine, my boat is 13 years old,and still looks & operates like a MUCH newer boat. I called PARKER before i did the repower,told them of my plan,and was told i would be okay ,plus i had the recomendation of one of the most knowledgeable yamaha repower centers on the east coast,as to the proper weight/power/performance choices. I would do it again in a heartbeat :D CAPTGUY

Thanks for the replys. I pulled the trigger this morning after an in water test. I'm now the owner of a parker 2320.
Mark W

Congratulations!

When you get a chance post up some photos in the "Introduce Yourself" area. We're always interested in seeing members 'projects'. :wink:

Latest posts

Back