Parker 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qsweet

Reaction score
Looking at buying a 96' parker 2320 modified v. Has a 225 yamaha 2 stroke. Boat looks clean, just wondering if anyone can give me advice on hidden issues to look for or certain things that might be of concern on a 20+ year old boat. Greatly appreciated!

For starters I don’t believe they ever made the 2320 in a modified V (please correct me if I’m wrong). Odds are it’s a deep V (21 deg dead rise at transom). I would highly recommend a survey. I purchased a 1994 2320 a few years ago and a survey found my roof was rotten and a few electrical gremlins. I was able to use that data to negotiate a lower price which covered the cost of the survey and then some. The tank will be the weakest area and most likely will need replacement at some point. Mine is original and I’m aware I’m on borrowed time as well. I went thru and replaced and updated my entire electrical system, extreme but I know what I have now. They are extremely rugged and well built vessels so if it’s been taken care of it will last you many seasons and repowers. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel tank - fuel tank - fuel tank. I have a 95' and there is PVC pipe that runs below the gas tank to drain. Over time it weakens and can break thus leaving water to pool under the fuel tank. My tank developed pin hole leaks and spoiled the gas and basically ruined engine. I had to have tank replaced and the only way to do that is ripping up entire deck. Its about an $8K job.

Condition of tank suggestions -

Any fumes present?

Fuel tank sender gasket can leak and screws loosen.

Foam can trap water and gas. Any odors when you pop open the pie plates.

Any sign of gas or sheen in bilge?

Inspect all fuel tank hoses, fittings, vents, connections, external fuel filters, etc

Any odors or leaks when gas tank is completely full after boat ride?

Using Racor fuel and water filter with clear bowl will help show water in gas tank.

Pull the fuel sender and inspect tank very carefully with a sealed flashlight for bad spots or hired a pro with better equipment to scope the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the tank looks good from the top that indicates the vessel was well taken care of or kept under cover/dry storage . Unfortunately I don’t believe there is any good way to test a tank and I’d say run it until symptoms emerge. Unlike many products today these vessels are well built and worth putting money into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so i took the boat for a test ride this weekend. Motor is a 97 225 yamaha 2 stroke. Ran great, all cylinders were at 105 106 compression. Fuel tank looks good from the top and no soft spots. Couple of cosmetic things in the cabin and id probably change a couple of pie plates/ covers in the deck. With a trailer he was 13,200. I think it is a steal. I will need to get new electronics. Looking for input Just wondering how trailering a 2320 is from someone who has done it. I wont be able to get a slip till towards the end of the season. Any input would be great. Thanks!

-Quin

That is a very good price, even if it needed a motor. As for towing it, that all depends on the trailer. Not sure if you mentioned what vehicle you will be using but any 1/2 ton will be fine. I pull mine with a RAM 1500 and have no concerns with it but my trailer is actually overkill for my boat. It is not a light boat for 23' but would probably be about as heavy as most 25' boats, however a 8.5' beam. The trailer will determine the ease of trailering it (and of course the tow vehicle). Best of luck

Okay awesome i thought so. The trailer is a 2017, yet to see it, but im pretty sure it is in really good condition. I will tow it the majority of the time with a 2500 so im not worried about that. More so worried about loading on and off. Anybody ever able to do it by themselves or do you usually need a second set of hands? Thanks.

Back