Parker 23se vs. Parker 23DVCC vs. Jones Brothers 23

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipstream

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Any real world comparisons here between the two Parker 23 cc's and the Jones Brothers 23?

I'm looking for a good solution that can handle:
- fishing, mostly on shore, occasionally off
- family cruising
- ability to trailer (6500lb capacity)
- handle buzzards bay, nantucket sound, narragensett bay
- good resale

Ride, layout, build quality?

Thanks - Slip

very comparable build quality. Ride between the SE and JB should be about the same. JB is a smaller boat with an 8' beam and 22'6" LOA.

Looking for "family" CC? Being that I have 2 daughters and a wife, I would need a head in the console. Here are my favorites..

1. Palmetto 23 = head in console, level deck to the bow, full transom w/ bracket, Huge livewell too
2. Judge 24 = customize the way you want
3. Maycraft 23 = head in console, level deck to the bow, full transom w/ bracket, cheap

thanks.

I like the Judge too and would like to test it out. Maybe a road trip to MD is in order at some point. I'm not familiar with the Palmetto, but it looks like a nice boat. I've looked into the May Craft as well.

Thanks

Buzzard's Bay and Nantucker sound are NOT like the Chesapeake Bay!

Go for a deep vee and you will be much happier. Jones Bros is great but incredibly spartan. I looked very hard at them before going with the 23 DVCC.

dave-j":1zdrr8fa said:
Go for a deep vee and you will be much happier. .

"I heard that" (old Southern expression means "I absolutely agree") :D

I can't comment on the Jones Bros. boat at all. Concerning the Parkers, you need to determine the conditions under which you will fish most of the time. The deeper V will give a superior ride in rough conditions. The SE allows use in shallow water areas and should be more stable under a drift. I can't verify, but believe the deep V requires more power to move it. Also look at the floor layout. I really like the single-level floor on my SE, whereas I think the deep-V model has a raised deck in the front.

Either one is a great boat, but one or the other will better suit your personal needs.

The 23 Jones Bros has 12 degrees :shock: deadrise, similar to Judge. Parker 23SE is 14.

23CCDV's have a flat foor IF you order foreward seating delete. After fishing out of 3 piece hulls with level floors all my life, can't imagine anything else.

FishFactory":h48yuvbg said:
The 23 Jones Bros has 12 degrees :shock: deadrise, similar to Judge. Parker 23SE is 14.

23CCDV's have a flat foor IF you order foreward seating delete. After fishing out of 3 piece hulls with level floors all my life, can't imagine anything else.

One of the best decisions I made about my 2100CC was to NOT order any forward seating or platform. That flat floor all the way to the bow makes it easy to cast or just fish up there and makes it easier to retrieve a recalcitrant anchor.

In the center consoles I previously owned, no one ever wanted to sit at the bow. Those forward seating areas are ok for storage, that's all.

hakr said:
makes it easier to retrieve a recalcitrant anchor.
quote]

I've never used one of those anchors. Is it any good, better than a Danforth, or are you just paying for a name? :D

FishFactory":fhjphrqz said:
hakr":fhjphrqz said:
makes it easier to retrieve a recalcitrant anchor.
quote]

I've never used one of those anchors. Is it any good, better than a Danforth, or are you just paying for a name? :D

I've found that the recalcitrant type anchor is great at holding but very difficult to retrieve. I'd go with the danforth - course what do I know, I was a sailor!

Back