Parker 25 series / dive bench?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckled plates

Reaction score
Hi folks,

New to this site and could use some help. I own and operate a 6-pack dive boat and plan to relocate the service to the mid-Atlantic (Eastern Shore of Virginia). I'm considering replacing my Grady with a Parker 25, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions, photos, etc. for a commercial grade dive bench and ladder? In the past I've run a 24 Privateer in the Keys with a bench that mounted 12 tanks (3 divers per side, 2 tanks each) and that arrangement worked well. Wondering if that might work on a P25 and, if not, is there another setup that works better. Also, since I'll be running offshore in a remote area with no nearby tow coverage, wondering about singles vs. twins for redundancy. Any and all thoughts / help much appreciated!

Thanks

The single vs twin argument can go on for an eternity so I'm not even going too in depth but if you do go with a 25, especially with 6 people and dive gear you should really shoot for atleast twin 200 minimum. And for seating in the back Im not sure but if you go with a 2520 xl you have a 9'*7' deck which would give you room for plenty of options.

Thanks. Been broke down twice at sea with single new-age diesels. Never a problem in 10 years service with my single Yamaha 4-stroke. Still, offshore, twins the way to go IMO. Only problem with twins is room for transom dive ladder, it appears.

If you put 6 divers plus their gear on 25 you will be grossly overloaded. I put 4 divers and 12 steel tanks on my 25 and am pushing the limits. Just sayin'

Back