Parker 25 w/F350

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman

Reaction score
I just got word from Robin their is a current test going on with this combo, any guesses on what the #'s will be.

The 23 Regulator is one of my favorites. Rigged with 2 Yamaha 150-4s, it gets virtually the same milege at same speed (28 mph) and is within 3 mph of wot. I had much rather have twin 150s on a 23 Regulator. The Regulator with twins weighed 600# more than the single 350 hp.

There's a lot of places for the new Yamaha V-8, but IMO a 23 Regulator is not one of them.

FF-

The 23 Reg is one of my favorites too. I was showing that rig just for the performance comparison. There are a few distinct advantages to a single engine--initial cost, weight, performance, fuel economy, maintenance, parts and labor. For offshore, twins are a safety factor. The reliability of Yammy four strokes negates some of that need. This is particularly true on a 23' boat. There are some who may run 80 miles out in a 23 but not so many.

For the fishing I do, I dislike two engines. I often fish tight to structure, fish racing albies, move rapidly to breaking fish, etc. A bud has a 32 Seacraft with twin 250 E-tecs. It is a wonderful boat for running the ocean but he has it in the bay, and the two engines are cumbersome.

I emailed Robin Parker about the 350hp for my 2520DV with an Armstrong bracket. (single OB) She basically told me to forget about it because the bracket on my boat was not designed to handle this increased weight.

Back