Parker 2520 ?? ID via a HIN

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief C

Reaction score
OK guys,

Here is my dilemma. I sold my 2320 because I wanted to move up to a 25 (this will potentially be my 4th Parker!) and I ran across a 1995 Parker Openback. I know she is older than my previous 2010/2320 and quite different, but I like her, especially with that openback.

Here are the specs:
1995, 25?? Parker Openback (the parker designator number is missing)
Volvo Penta 5.7 engine and Volvo dual Prop outdrive (runs ok /sea trial coming up)
No electronics (that I would keep)
Aluminum I beam tandem axle (trailer is massive, researching cap, but if I didn't know better Id say 10k trailer)
Overall the boat would clean up, but it needs TLC.

Here are my reservations:
- Is this boat worth 14k (my opinion yes, but difficult for me to estimate bc of its age)
- Is this boat truly and Openback? I know they are not common and I have reservations that at some point someone didn't just take a jig saw and cut away, the cut does not seem to be precise. I have the HIN will this reveal if this boat is a true openback?
- Do you guys with 2520's get hassled by local yokels while towing, she seems so much bigger than my 2320 and it doesnt have an L bracket engine!

If anyone can provide assistance it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,

I suspect Parker can help identify the boat via the HID. No problems towing provided you have the appropriate tow vehicle. You'll need an oversize permit given its 9.5' beam. PS, open backs are the best! :wink:

Back