Parker 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't... Looking at the ladder it appears that it was built as a folding ladder and later modified. It looks like there were some significant pinch points that were welded solid to prevent injury. What that caused was a ladder that when stowed would prevent the engine from trimming all the way up without damaging the cowling. If I had to design a new ladder I would make sure to consider pinch points and motor trim.

Ok thanks I have a Armstrong ladder that I hate just trying to find a good one that folds up when your not using it

I would put money on someone really got hurt with this ladder and that prompted a change. I see no other reason to make a giant dive ladder with hinges on the ladder and hinges on the ladder stay, and then come back and weld it solid. Be careful about pinch points.

It looks like they sure could thanks for info we do a lot of diving and taking the one I have off and on is such a pain

I checked your location, what kind of diving do you usually do? Ever take your boat to one of the subs offshore? I'll dive anywhere, and prefer wrecks, but most of the diving we do is spear fishing in the Gulf of Mexico near Panacea.

We spearfish also out of ponce inlet we dive a lot of artificials for flounder and ledges for lob and grouper.we also go out of steinahatchee don't think I spelled it right in the gulf

Awesome! Steinhatchee is 60 miles east and a little south of Panacea. If you ever want to come down and run out to some of the spots off of Panacea let me know!

That is awesome we would love to do that when this weather calms down.if you see a good weekend let me know I'll head that way

Latest posts

Back