Parker 2520xld VS. Steiger 26 chesapeak/ Miami

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Kaul

Reaction score
Hi could I get some opinions between the 2 boats. I really like the Parker2520 xld but the steiger 26 miami seems a touch above, with the ride would appreciate some feed back. Thank you.

Just purchased a 2006 2520XLD with twin F150's. The ride is excellent! So is the fuel burn 2.1 mpg @ 28-29 mph.

Both boats have a 21 degree deadrise, though the Steiger has an 8'6" beam while the Parker has a 9'6" beam.

The Parker has less windage due to the lower roofline and step-down helm area, while the Steiger has a flat floor and more windage. Not sure what the headroom is on the Steiger, but the Parker was designed for Linwood, and I believe he is 6'4" tall.

The Parker can be had with a bulkhead and a locking cabin door as well as an open-back cabin with drop curtains. I believe that the Steiger can be had the same way as the Miami model is open back, and the Chesapeake model is closed.

Those are the only facts I know of. I have not ridden on the 26 Steiger, but It is apparently a popular model for them. The 25' sport cabin Parkers are their most popular model as well, so it comes down to actual experience on both boats.

Tough choice.
You might want to PM member Huggs Tug as he recently bought a Steiger 23. He is the only CP member I know who has first hand knowledge of the brand.

jsr,
i have been considering a 2510 xld with twin 150s. what is your wide open throttle speed? and how do you like the hull performance etc. how quick is it out of the hole?

The Steiger 255DV is a 22 degree dead rise with a 8'6" beam
The 26 model is 21 degree with either a 9' 6" or 10' beam.
The 26 is about their best seller now. Great offshore boat.
Check the webb Steigercraft.com for current models and info.

I am more than pleased with my 23 along with the 225 Zuke.

Steigers have been around awhile but never seemed to sell much outside the LI/Northeast area. If in fact the 26' has a 9'6" beam then it's probably a nice boat to compare the 2520XLD to.

I have a 2530 I/O and have taken a ride on the 26' Steiger I/O. The ride is about the same in a small sea but I am not sure how the Steiger is in a rough sea.

I definately like the layout of the 2530 better than the Steiger as there in a hard back and the seating/storage inside the pilothouse is more functional.

One plus for the Steiger is they make a Diesel I/O which is no longer available in a Parker. Other than the fuel savings, I believe the I/O boats ride better with the engine weight below the water line and forward compared to outboard models.

That is pretty cool, and it is also interesting that the 25 and the 26 are so different. :)
Are they planning to replace the 25 with the 26, or will they continue to carry both models?

FishFactory":1stczqn4 said:
Here's an ad for a new 06 Stieger only $55,500 seems cheap by today's standards. Has a Suzuki on it. Don't think Stieger has access to Yamaha.

http://www.boat-world.com/boatads/1085337156.html

If you really like the Stieger that seems like a deal worth considering.

Some would say it is underpowered with the Zuke 225....I would be looking for a minimum of 250 on that Stieger or 2520 XLD. That 225 is probably why the price is where it is.

Richard

Good point, but remember that the Steiger 25 has a modified V hull, the same as Parker models and most of them are being sold with 225 Yamahas.
The 255 has a 22 degree deadrise and it is narrower than the standard 25 at 8-6 feet. This is for the trailering aspect. Look at the post with overwidth permits. That was the reasoning behind the beam.
As far as the 26 being equal to the 2520, there is no comparison. You have to visually see the size of the boat and run iy out.
The 26 does have an open back which I enjoy, if the 23,25.255 or 26 is ordered with the I/O option you can have cabin heat installed for a mere $400.00. Not a bad price to add to the options list.
Question for all the members. Why did parker stop the I/O's in 2002?
Granted I am bias toward the Steiger and that is because I purscahesd one. And I and wife enjoy the boat.
Tom

Tom, I wasn't aware that Steiger had so many models so close in length, but so different in beam and deadrise. Hard to keep track of them! :shock:

Hugs Tug":2a4v4ska said:
Question for all the members. Why did parker stop the I/O's in 2002?
Tom

The same reason Grady White quit making I/O's...pretty much a zero market for them in Southern coastal water. We do have a lot of I/O's on freshwater lakes.

Back