Parker 2801 2015 and newer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cman60

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with this model with twin 300’s. Curious how this rides in a 3 ft + head seas. Have read it can pound online. Is it a stern heavy model as well? People moving batteries to console/ 4 blade props etc.. Curious what Parker owners have to say. Low hour models not that expensive. It’s got me thinking about moving from 2300 DV.
Happy holidays.
Thxs for input

Does anybody have experience with this model with twin 300’s. Curious how this rides in a 3 ft + head seas. Have read it can pound online. Is it a stern heavy model as well? People moving batteries to console/ 4 blade props etc.. Curious what Parker owners have to say. Low hour models not that expensive. It’s got me thinking about moving from 2300 DV.
Happy holidays.
Thxs for input
Nobody on this forum runs a 2801?

I don’t have a Parker 28’ but do run a Grady 28 with twin 250’s and Parker 2530 often. Three foot seas is bigger than most think, how close are they? 6 seconds? The bottom line here is that if you can get the tabs down and on plane, the boat will be able to handle it if it has time to recover from the previous wave. Period of wave matters. The faster you go, the shorter you make the period. Overall a 28 Parker with the tabs down and boat just on plane and three footers will be manageable. Not comfortable but manageable. 4 blade props do help with stern lift. Keeping the hull surface wet is also key.

Nobody on this forum runs a 2801?
I do.

Its a fat, heavy 21 degree deadrise boat. 3 + head seas and your're gonna take it a bit easier than your 24 degree friends for sure. Boat acts and feels a lot bigger than other manufacturers 28 foot boats- so I adopt the tank mentality- tab down and plow! =) I fish in the northeast where it seems to always be around 3 foot of windblown chop during the summer months- and I'm not the first to the fishing grounds =). Boat does not feel "transom heavy" to me.

I had a 2801 with a pair of F225 engines. And I've ridden-upon (and operated) a 2801 with a pair of F300's.

The 2801 is a big, heavy, safe, stable boat with a lot of room. But it is not comfortable and doesn't ride particularly well in any sea over 2ft.

That said, if you are running just around Long island Sound or the Chesapeake Bay .... it's a fine boat. But if you are planning on running out to the Baltimore or Hudson Canyon in 2+ ft seas .... pick another boat.

I think that my 23 DVCC ran better than the 2801

I had a 2801 with a pair of F225 engines. And I've ridden-upon (and operated) a 2801 with a pair of F300's.

The 2801 is a big, heavy, safe, stable boat with a lot of room. But it is not comfortable and doesn't ride particularly well in any sea over 2ft.

That said, if you are running just around Long island Sound or the Chesapeake Bay .... it's a fine boat. But if you are planning on running out to the Baltimore or Hudson Canyon in 2+ ft seas .... pick another boat.

I think that my 23 DVCC ran better than the 2801
Ok Thxs. My 2300 runs great but hard to believe it would ride better than a 2801 in real 3 fters . You would think the extra 5 ft would help you span the waves better. Interesting 🤔

Ok Thxs. My 2300 runs great but hard to believe it would ride better than a 2801 in real 3 fters . You would think the extra 5 ft would help you span the waves better. Interesting 🤔

I don't think that anything made by Parker runs "good" in a real 3ft sea. A 2801 certainly won't. A 2300 won't. My 26 Southport won't. And my buddy's 31 Prowler (catamaran) stays on the trailer if the seas are predicted to be anything above 2ft.

The 2801 has a funky shape and an especially wide beam. The seas tend to catch under the chine and really provides a jarring ride in anything above 1.5 to 2 ft seas. You would think it would be a good riding boat .... but it's not.

I have a 2801 out of Delaware with twin 250s. In 3 ft head seas, it's slow down, bow down. Mine seems ass end heavy at times but it could be my lard ass friends sitting on bean bags behind the leaning post. I'd rather have the stability of the 21° dead rise over a swaying 24 when drifting. If it's forecasted 3 ft close together headsets I'm going to breakfast and not the ramp

I have a 2801 out of Delaware with twin 250s. In 3 ft head seas, it's slow down, bow down. Mine seems ass end heavy at times but it could be my lard ass friends sitting on bean bags behind the leaning post. I'd rather have the stability of the 21° dead rise over a swaying 24 when drifting. If it's forecasted 3 ft close together headsets I'm going to breakfast and not the ramp

I have a 2001 2801CC. Mine is the same way even with the lighter OX66 twin 250's. I put 18" tabs on it just because of that. I also have a 1999 23' Deep Vee. That 23' rides waaaay better than the 2801. The tabs on the 23' are the same as the ones that came on the 2801 and the 2801 basically felt like there was no tabs at all back there. I'm happy with the 18" tabs but have to be careful because it can lift the engines out of the water.

Back