Parker Bench Seat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Reaction score
My 2120 had a bench seat in the cabin. Does anyone know the name of the company who makes Parkers' bench seats?

cbigma....thank you for the reply.

I also did a search, however I missed that post. The Wise seat looks like it might do the job for my project.

We made a number of mods to the bench seat on our 2120SC. First, we didn't like the hatch access, so we made it so you could remove the top cushion to stow stuff from the top. We thought about hinging the top, but that presents a lot of problems, so we just installed wood strips on the bottom to make it stay in the right place on top of the box. While doing so, we raised the front of the cushion to give a little more thigh support (later Parkers have a raised bolster on front of the cushion that helps in this area). We still felt like we didn't have enough cushion under our legs, so we moved the box out towards the centerline of the boat about three inches and made "shims" to move the backrest back the same amount. Altogether it made the seat more useful and comfortable. Pix on my website.

Since we moved up to the 2320, we haven't made the same changes. For one thing, it has the built-in tackle trays, and it has the improved cushion design. Time will tell if we do it all over again.

andertonm ......what is the width of the bench seat in your 2320?

JC":374fzfzn said:
Wise has a nice selection of Bench Seats in varied sizes. http://www.wiseseats.com/wise_marine_offshore_606.html
I've recently sent them an email asking if the seats come in additional colors. The website shows the seats in white only.

I went thru this when someone stole the pedestal seats outta my cc. Seats other than those supplied by Parker will be "a little whiter", upholestry wont quite match (not to mention Parker emblems), etc. I ended up going to a Parker dealer to get matching stuff. As I remember, not a lot of price difference.

I took the bench seat out of my 2007 2120. Bought a new Garelick captain's chair I love (added a clever Garelick seat shock absorber under it too). Used the original Parker seat post.

Moved the Parker captain's chair to port side and moved the back cushion on it up to the top for better back support. Mounted this seat on a new seat post that has adjustable height.

Took home the Porta Pot and bought a camper folding john seat and some plastic bags to replace it.

Built in a storage bin where the Porta had been. Took the cushion that used to cover the aft end of the Porta and used it as a side facing seat behind the port seat mounted on a storage bin.

I have the factory bench seat at home in a game room.

Could put the original factory configuration back in in an hour. Works great for my use.....................Pete

Attachments

• 100_1253 (Small).JPG
    100_1253 (Small).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,288
  • 100_1219 (Small).JPG
    100_1219 (Small).JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,288
  • 100_1191 (Small).JPG
    100_1191 (Small).JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,288
How wide is the stock bench seat?

Not sure which width you want so attached two photos.

The fiberglass base is about 15W, 45L and 15.5T
The seat cushion is 19W, 50.5L and 4.5T

The overall rough dimensions are 22W, 50.5L and 36T

If you have a critical dimension let me know and I will try to measure it for you. .....................Pete

Attachments

• 100_1336 (Small).JPG
    100_1336 (Small).JPG
    24 KB · Views: 2,201
  • 100_1337 (Small).JPG
    100_1337 (Small).JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,200
Thanks Pete.

If you decide to sell your bench seat send me a PM. l would be interested.

Back