Parker dining table question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbaja

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m having an issue converting the dining table of my 2330 to a bed. That is, I cannot figure out how to remove the 2 dining table legs to drop the table top down.

For those of you who have the same setup how do you drop the table down? I have no idea when this was last done on my boat and everything seems to be seized up. So rather than force the wrong thing I was hoping to get some insight first,

Are you able to simply unscrew the legs by hand or you you have to unscrew the flathead screw that’s below the dining table deck?
Thanks in advance

1655140715683.jpeg
Thank 07vtgt, here’s a photo of my dining table setup for reference

This may be the solution!

Attachments

• 4815EDDB-6030-439D-958E-3B75D34D3939.jpeg
    4815EDDB-6030-439D-958E-3B75D34D3939.jpeg
    899.5 KB · Views: 33
Zooming in on your picture it appears your sticker is upside down compared to mine. It could be that on the older tables they used a tapered bushing in both the top and bottom holes and the pole could go in either way. My stickers specifically say tighten and loosen with an arrow pointing the appropriate direction to indicate it screws in. Yours also doesnt appear to have the wider flared plastic that mine does. Just some observations I have from the photo.

Thanks, I just noticed that as well. That’s interesting. I’ll report back 👍

Hi !
The table legs in my 2530 just unscrew and pop out. They can be a little sticky but with a wiggle and a grunt they always come out.
Good luck

Zooming in on your picture it appears your sticker is upside down compared to mine. It could be that on the older tables they used a tapered bushing in both the top and bottom holes and the pole could go in either way. My stickers specifically say tighten and loosen with an arrow pointing the appropriate direction to indicate it screws in. Yours also doesnt appear to have the wider flared plastic that mine does. Just some observations I have from the photo.

^^^ This
There seem to be two types of pedestal/socket combinations. The Todd units are 2.0" diameter and the "socket" is threaded at the very center, and there is no flange on the post - it screws into the socket. Mine uses a common RV style which is 1-1/4" diameter and simply pushes into the socket (no thread) and has a flange that seats flush to the floor. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Hey all, I’m having an issue converting the dining table of my 2330 to a bed. That is, I cannot figure out how to remove the 2 dining table legs to drop the table top down.

For those of you who have the same setup how do you drop the table down? I have no idea when this was last done on my boat and everything seems to be seized up. So rather than force the wrong thing I was hoping to get some insight first,

Are you able to simply unscrew the legs by hand or you you have to unscrew the flathead screw that’s below the dining table deck?
Thanks in advance
I have a Parker dining table which needs to be restored (& the matching chairs refurbished). The table is scratched and has water stains. I have no skills or experience in woodwork or furniture restoration so am looking for professional help.

Reading this forum it sounds as though there are still "ex Parker people" working in the industry. I heard on the radio a couple of years ago that some were working in the Hornsby (NSW) area. Does anyone have a business name for them there, or another "Parker" company in Sydney that could do this work? The northern suburbs would be best but a quality job at a reasonable price is more important.

Many thanks!!!

Updating this thread with some new information. I tried to repair mine with some generic RV floor plates, but they broke on the first outing (well, it was worth a try for $10). After more careful inspection I realized that what I had were the Todd type that SCREW IN to the floor plates. Here are the parts I needed to buy to make my table work again:

Todd Posi-Lock Square Floor Plate

401237.jpg

Todd Table Post Replacement Caps Set (6005-RP1)

401240.jpg

One of the issues you may run into (which happened in my case) is that the screw that is built into the pedestal base will break off inside the plastic base (the one pictured on the right in the photo immediately above). This makes it look like it is a normal flush-mount pedestal. In addition, if this happens to yours you will need to replace both sets of parts unless you can very carefully remove the broken-off piece from inside the table post bottom. (I tried using a large EZ-Out but the torque required to remove it cracked the plastic even after several days of soaking in PB Blaster)...

Last edited:
I have a Parker dining table which needs to be restored (& the matching chairs refurbished). The table is scratched and has water stains. I have no skills or experience in woodwork or furniture restoration so am looking for professional help.

Reading this forum it sounds as though there are still "ex Parker people" working in the industry. I heard on the radio a couple of years ago that some were working in the Hornsby (NSW) area. Does anyone have a business name for them there, or another "Parker" company in Sydney that could do this work? The northern suburbs would be best but a quality job at a reasonable price is more important.

Many thanks!!!
I believe you may be on the wrong forum... This site is for Parker boats, manufactured in North Carolina USA.

While many of our members have lots of knowledge, I doubt you're going to find the answer you're looking for here. Hope you have better luck elsewhere!

Thanks in advance
Hey, we're you able to find a way to do it? It would be nice to know how you did it.

Hey, we're you able to find a way to do it? It would be nice to know how you did it.
The table legs un-screw from the floor plates. The metal floor plates have a threaded stub that goes up into a hole in the plastic end-cap of the table support pole. They tend to stick pretty badly if they have been there a long time, which can cause the plastic flange on the post to break where the base is threaded in. If that happens you have to replace both the floor plate and the end-cap for the support pole. Both parts I referenced in my previous post.
Hope this drawing makes sense

2022-12-08_06-34-35.gif

Back