Parker Employees

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
Recently, an aquaintance approached the Admiral w/some coastal fishing questions. He had returned from Morehead City/Atlantic Beach area and wandered onto a pier covered with Parker employees. Seems they were having some sort of company fishing tourney/get together.

Being a non-fisherman, he ask the Parker workers some general questions and formed these opinions. Parker workers are well paid, loyal, enjoy working in such a clean plant. They are really busy. They're proud of their boats.

When one signs a contract to supply Parker parts, the quality better be as spec'ed. Should Linwood find sub-standard parts, the contract is rescinded and there is no second chance.

The aquaintance ask what kind of motors are offered. One employee shouted "There's only one kind of motor". Everyone on the pier shouted "YAMAHA!".

No big news here...just a little insight as to why our boats fish so good. After all..."What do Parker Employees do for fun?"

THEY FISH :lol:

FishFactory":3j640yud said:
The aquaintance ask what kind of motors are offered. One employee shouted "There's only one kind of motor". Everyone on the pier shouted "YAMAHA!".

borg.jpg

Sounds like the Borg have invaded Parker Marine Enterprises ... they have been assimilated ... they only believe in one motor ... they only ... they ... they have got me ... they are playing with my mind ... I am losing the fight ... I ... I am going ... going out to buy a Yamaha :shock: !

;)

All kidding aside, it's easier for a plant to rig one power. Back in the days, Yam was the only choice with what that rat bast#$d Soros did to OMC. Nowadays it could be a Zuke motor. But their demand is soooooooooooo huge and backlogged, they're not replacing motors under warranty.

Why? Well first off, all new motors 'blow up' here or there, Yams too. But Zukes are in such demand on soooooooooo many transoms of new boats. A guide who just bought a new Bluefin with twin Zuki 250hps blew up one of them in the 1st hour of break-in! Suzi won't replace it ... they can't even replace the powerhead 'this summer', so the only choice left to get 'back on the water' is to rebuild a 'once new' powerhead. Yee ha!

Unfortunately ... 2 weeks ago I personally knew of 6 OBs that blew up ... 3 were new (one was a light silver blue OB and 2 black OBs of different brands ;) . Alas, if I were to repower today, even I wouldn't buy a white one, I just don't trust any new tech motors out there yet ... or maybe, it's all dealer setup or ethanol issues ... ??

much as i hate to say it, the boat that i work on has twin yami four stroke 115s, and the captain HATES them. hes had nothing but trouble with one of them, he says theyre finniky and just today we had to deal with a blockage in the cooling system that never should have happened. he's counting the days until five years when he can get twin E-Tecs, which is widely agreed upon to be the best engines available today. ive heard the Mercury Verado's are sweet macines, but im sorry, i could neve bring myself to have those big black monstrocities hanging off my transom. nope, Yamis or E-Tecs for me :wink:

pelagic2530":cxpc3xgk said:
much as i hate to say it, the boat that i work on has twin yami four stroke 115s, and the captain HATES them. hes had nothing but trouble with one of them, he says theyre finniky and just today we had to deal with a blockage in the cooling system that never should have happened. he's counting the days until five years when he can get twin E-Tecs, which is widely agreed upon to be the best engines available today. ive heard the Mercury Verado's are sweet macines, but im sorry, i could neve bring myself to have those big black monstrocities hanging off my transom. nope, Yamis or E-Tecs for me :wink:

If I had to pick, I would pick eTecs ALL DAY LONG!!!

PAYDAY":145rwqta said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-7I00cZUE0

Maybe next time they'll shift the Yamaha out of neutral!

My mis-placed point in this thread was supposed to be something about what a great bunch of guys (who like their jobs, fish for fun, and love their boats) are building our boats. Hey, where else can you get a boat with all the covering boards' screws indexed?

I refuse to get in the gutter with mindless name calling. If you want to be "Fichted Again" or buy an OptiPop, go ahead. I'll rise above the frey :roll: :lol: and never say a word! :lol: :p

Well said FishFactory :!:

Like my Grandmother always said..."If you can't say something good, then don't say anything at all...unless it's factual AND does some good in helping."

Mac

[/quote]

well, the rest of us rabble who are fighting over here already acknowledge the fact that the parker people are great.... we own their boats!!!! :lol: :lol:

but seriously, who could have expected otherwise? look at the work they do 8)

Back