Parker history

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Key West Mark

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1989 25' Parker Pilothouse powered by a small block Chevrolet and Mercruiser I/O. This is the first Parker I have owned (former Shamrock owner) and do not know much if anything about the older boats? I have looked over this site and it looks like most of the posts are for the newer boats? Anyone who can provide a synopsis of the company history and or specs for a 1989 25' pilothouse would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Mark, Key West, Fl

I also thought that a site named classic parker would contain a lot more information on the classic hulls. I have done many searches on the net and finding information on Classic Parkers seems to be hard. It would be nice to have a separate history section and maybe a photo gallery. I would like to get an older boat like yours and put some newer power on it.
I currently have a 25’ Topaz diesel and it is also a well built hull, the company did not produce many boats so there is not a lot of information out there for my boat. Most people that know boats know the Topaz hull, I personally think that a Grady White does not compare but that’s just me, although everyone has heard of Grady White.
This forum is a lot more active then the Topaz forum.
Maybe the original parker owners spend more time on the water and less time on the internet. I would guess that most of the original parker owners don’t know much about the internet at all.
I would like to see some production numbers, so that I can figure out how long it would take to find an older pilot house.
Thanks

Mark, We have several members here who own boats with similar vintage to yours (88-92), though the majority of them are outboard powered.

The hull of your 1989 boat is exactly the same as my 1996 model. The MVSC is a 14 degree deadrise that was eventually replaced by the 16 degree hull that first appeared on the XL model.

If you were to call the Parker factory with your hull identification number (HIN), they might still have the specifications on your boat in case you have specific questions.

We did attempt to compile a database of Parker models awhile back, but the sheer amount of different models and power options over the years, was just too big a task for our two volunteer administrators.

over the years, Parker has made a mind-numbingly large number of models. with the exception of newer boats on this site, you'd be hard-pressed to find any two members on this site with pre-1995 boats that are alike. i know theres some guys on here with the older boats, stick with it and youll find them.

I have an 89 SportCabin 25 with the original 200 Yammy 2 stroke. Feel free to PM me if theres anything I can help you with.

Back