Parker is #3 in J.D. Power Survey

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkchunker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my copy of BoatUS Magazine, and it contains an article entitled "Consumers Score Boat Brands." In the "Coastal Fishing" category Parker was #3 behind Grady-White #1, and Triton #2. At the bottom of the list were Sea Fox, Sea Boss, Trophy, Angler and Wellcraft.

If I had had the $$$ I might have bought the Grady--the 272 Islander was certainly was a beautiful boat, and was what the Admiral was leaning toward. However, the $20K premium was a bit steep for my pocketbook. Not sure about Triton...haven't seen many of them, or heard much about them.

Bottom line is that I'm very satisfied with my Parker, and when I get a bit old to be hauling the beast down the road, I'll probably downsize to another Parker.

Biggest complaint was service. The survey indicates that the Marine industry has a long way to go to catch up to the automotive industry in terms of service. In this category, the biggest problem was fixing things right the first time. Reminds me of my common heard statement around our house to the two teenage male mutants who occupy parts of the upper floors and basement dungeon..."You never seem to have the time to do the job right the first time...but I always have the time to tell you to do it over again." :D :D :D

Way to go Parker Marine

hard to argue with the results. If cost was a factor Parker certainly would be number one. Also JD is inital satisfaction. My bet is if they took the survey 5 and 10 years down the road that the Parker would be tough to beat too.

BTW, Did you see what outboard won the Two stroke division :wink:

Back