Parker Little Battleship and Boat US

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv2fish

Reaction score
Dale often calls the 2120 a little battleship. Well last weekend we took the family to a restaurant on the Potomac River by boat for a quick Mother's day dinner and evening cruise. The restaurant has a pontoon boat that picks you up at anchor and brings you to their pier because the water is very shallow and subject to the tides.

I was halfway through my meal when the ferry operator comes to our table and asks if I'm the guy with the Parker. I said yes and he said "let's go catch it". Well it broke anchor in the heavy wind and drifted. Of course it had to find the most expensive boat that was also anchored out there and got caught in the anchor line. The Parker rested up against the bow and rubbed a 3 foot long scar deep into the gelcoat. Nothing on the Parker except a paint transfer (thank god as I have a trip this weekend).

When I called Boat US (they were great) I told her that people often refer to it as a little battleship as she was shocked that I didn't have any damage. She said she thought that would be a great name. I informed her that I don't plan on calling it a battleship for the same reason I don't plan to call it a submarine!

I couldn't find the owner for the Larson at the restaurant so I left my name and number with the ferry operator. I got a call from him the next day and he's on the path to getting the boat repaired. It is cosmetic but I'm sure it won't be cheap!

I am very happy with my Boat US insurance. I hope this doesn't hike my rates too much. This is my 3rd claim (1 trailer road repair call, 1 tow call and one loose Parker battleship) in the last 2 years. Anyone had any experience on rate hikes in this type of situation?

Steve

Never had to make a claim so can't help there. Mooring line on mine broke and the boat got into the dock. Tore the dock up but nothing on the boat that scotch brite didn't take out. Btw did you see someone on Marlboro Point got a new 2320. Haven't actually seen them use it yet.

Talked to a marina owner the other day in Lewes DE.
He knew Linwood from many years ago and said that he built some of the best boats on the water. :wink:

Cannot argue with that. 8)

I spent about 14 hours per day for the last 4 days on mine and could not have been happier with the boat. Had a great fishing weekend with a good friend. Did some exploring and found fish in a new area to us. Completely agree, it is a great boat.

Steve

Latest posts

Back