Parker Pilot House 2120 200hp 4stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lots of Luck

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2120 with a 2018 Yamaha 4 stroke with the standard prop that came with the new engine. I get great gas mileage but, getting up on plane with 3 guys, full tank of fuel and fishing tackle very hard. I try going out with 1/2 tank that help but I am thinking about a better prop that may help to get up on plane faster. Can any body send some info or suggestions on what type of prop would work.
Thank you
Chuck

Hey Lots of Luck,

Call Ken at prop gods. I have the exact same boat and he recommended the SCE4 in 15 pitch. I have an F200. I know there are differing opinions with a permatrim, but I also installed one and have zero regrets. I now get on plane so much quicker.

Hi I have a 2120 with a 2018 Yamaha 4 stroke with the standard prop that came with the new engine. I get great gas mileage but, getting up on plane with 3 guys, full tank of fuel and fishing tackle very hard. I try going out with 1/2 tank that help but I am thinking about a better prop that may help to get up on plane faster. Can any body send some info or suggestions on what type of prop would work.
Thank you
Chuck
There really isn’t such a thing as a “standard“ propeller. There are #s stamped on the propellers that indicate the size and pitch of the propeller, without that information there is no way to tell what’s going on with your boat. From what you’re describing , being unable to get the boat on plane with a standard load for your situation, then you are most likely OVER propped and will need to reduce propeller pitch and or possibly diameter but again without knowing what you’re currently running for a propeller, that’s just speculation….

Back