Parker spotted going 80 MPH!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Croixboy

Reaction score
It's no lie. Last weekend I was heading up to New England, driving in North Jersey going North on Route 287. It was dark out. All of the sudden I came up on a boat on a flat bed trailer being pulled by a Semi. I drove up next to it, and it was a PARKER. This truck was flying. :shock: I think it was a 2300 CC. Does this boat belong to a Classic Parker Member?

My daughter rolled the window down and took a picture ...

feb2008018.jpg

It's like FEDEX. When it absolutely has to get there overnight....

Obviously the truck driver knew how important it was to the new Parker owner that he/she had their boat right away. Many of us can appreciate that!!!

WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY! THE AVERAGE SPEED IS 80 MPH ON THE NJTPK, GSP, AND ANY INTERSTATE HIWAY. ANY SLOWER AND YOU'LL BE AN OBSTACLE.

I can Def. agree with Tony that is the way it is on there with the speed!!Every1 flies on those roads!!!Good shot of the boat though hope he joins the site with us!!!We need to keep Parker Nation strong!!!

I realize there is an outboard-bracket thread, but this picture is so good I have to ask while I'm still thinking of it. Is there floatation inside that housing under the swim platform in the picture? What is actually extending out from the hull, aluminum, wood, etc.? If an extension, does it protrude from far inside the hull or just bolted on? Just wondering what measures Parker took to hang 600-800 pounds that far off the stern and what aids in flotation/support.
Thanks and sorry to get off topic.

Jim,

You are seeing the Armstrong bracket. There is no flotation (e.g., foam) in it, it is an empty void. It is sealed up against the transom so it hold air and adds buoyancy when the boat is at rest. When up on plane, the bracket does not touch the water. It is made out of aluminum. They are narrower for a single, and wider for twins.

It has two purposes...foremost, to get the motor out of the cockpit so it doesn't take up room for for fishing gear, fishing buddies, beer, and other goodies. Secondly, so you can have a solid transom for safety.

I guess one could calculate the volume of water they displace to see how much they offset the weight of the motor. If you put the boat in nasty water that is calm, you will get a scum line. Using a bit of geometry, trigonometry, and maybe calculus. one could obtain the volume...then calculate the weight of the water of that volume.

Dave

aka

Thanks Dave. Was always curious to know what the construction was like inside. It appears from the pic to displace about 5ft^3 which should buoy up about 320 pounds when completely submerged. However, these things sometimes appear smaller than what they really measure. A tape measure would solve that mystery.

Jim

Back