Parker Trim-Tabs ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an 1801 for three years and would recomend tabs.
You don't say where you are, but in the Chesapeake you'll be glad to have tabs, especially when the afternoon wind kicks up.
The 1801 is a great boat but tends to pound a bit in 2'+ chop. She's a bit light in the bow, anything to get it down a bit will make a much better ride.

Maybe 'not required' but most certainly 'recommended' by those who own one, or who have previously owned one. :wink:

I had an 1801 a few years ago without tabs. By all means get them. It's a great boat but "all boats need tabs"! I have a 21SE with tabs now and I'll never have another boat without them. Makes a huge difference in trimming for the best ride in any condition.

i bought a used 2004 1801 this winter...havent had it in the water yet but from what ive read the bobs marine true tracker stabiler plate (see site below) is supposed to work well. ive also heard that bobs marine makes good products from the dealer i bought the boat from. i just purchased one of the plates and will be putting it on this spring. i figured if parker says you dont need trim tabs then maybe all the boat needs is a little help from this fin. also the fin was only $60 plus shipping compared to way bigger bucks for trim tabs.

http://www.bobsmachine.com/Products/tra ... ilizer.cfm

Back