PB - Flyrod Striper

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have yet another hurricane / tropical storm ruining the weekend's fishing, so thought I would put up a pic of a fish I got a couple of weeks ago.. my new personal best striper on the fly rod.

Fish was taken at the mouth of the Merrimack River in Newburyport, MA - 45" long and approx 37 pounds, using a 10 weight fly rod and 450 grain sinking line.

-- Tom

Attachments

• P8114838.JPG
    P8114838.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 194
CONGRATS!!! bigest striper on a fly I have ever seen. Is this your person best on a fly?

Thanks, and yes, best ever fly rod fish. Had a 44" and 42" earlier in the year, and I think a few 43s in previous years.

-- Tom

Awesome!!! nice work!.

However isnt it about time you all started sending them back south :wink: :D 8)

It seemed like forever due to the strong current and the number of commercial boats around, but in reality was probably more like 5 minutes.

-- Tom

Nice fish! You forgot to mention the fly pattern, color, and size. (Nosey fly tiers what to know these details. :D )

I've also used 450 grain Rio DC sink on my 10 wt. It casts like a garden hose. But it does go deep.

Congrats,
Fly Rod

The fish ate a very simple fly that I had on from about a week and a half ago when there were small herring around. It was pretty beat up, missing one of the eyes and I was just too lazy to change it.

3818162422_58621039c8_o.jpg

Gamakatsu 6/0 Hook
Gray over lavender over white slinky fiber wing
Red flashabou throat

-- Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the fly picture. Looks like a peanut bunker to me. It's even simple enough for me to tie.

Tight lines,
Fly Rod

Back