Pensacola offshore in 21 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aknoxclark

Reaction score
Four of us and local guide went 44 miles out yesterday off Pensacola pass and tore it up with huge AJs and Scamp Grouper. It was a great day. I was a little hesitant taking my single engine, 21', low deadrise, open transom boat out that far but all went well. It was 2-4" seas going out and our speed ranged from 18 mph in the rough stuff to 28 mph and 48k rpm in easier stuff. God bless trim tabs! Our captain was very concerned about the open transom in my boat, but even backing down in big waves only an inch or so water came in at times and never came beyond the live well. It all drained very quickly and the captain was impressed. The boat seemed to float high enough every time to avoid a wash over from a big wave in the rear. We had a beam sea coming and going so a few folks got spray on one side in the back but all in all a great trip and i was very impressed with my boat's performance and so was our captain. We enjoyed AJ ceviche this afternoon and fried grouper fingers for dinner, a tasty treat for sure! The worst part of the trip was the relative cold. By now we should have 75 degree water and 80 degree temps. It was prob 65 at best and 68 degree water.

I run as far offshore as 60 miles to San Clemente Island out of San Diego. I too use my tabs to smooth out the ride in rough weather. I also run down to Baja Mexico chasing yellowfin tuna from San Diego. Those runs are about thirty to forty out and I typically put 100+ miles on the clock on those runs.
The 21SE is a wonderful boat and I feel very safe offshore on my boat.

thank you. you ever experienced problems with the cut transom in your 21E?

Back