Performance with trim tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I am more confused than normal and looking for help or suggestions.

I recently upgraded to a used Optimax 225 on my 2520 MV.Added 24" Bennetts and put a 15x17 Mirage 3 blade per board suggestions.The max rpm are at the low end of the range @5000 and the motor may be a little low on the transom.When I tried top end running it seemed that no tabs were fastest.

Now... I was coming home from Newport yesterday into about 10-15 breeze and an outgoing tide.Had boogied down to Npt so intended to run back easy.Settled in at @3200 rpm going 16.2-16.5 mph per GPS at 8.2-8.4 burn.As chop picked up I put in some tabs and no big performance change.Raised tabs in a calmer area-no other change-motor trimmed up the whole time.
Chop increased again and I added a good bit of tabs +/_50% I believe.
The boat sped up without changing any other numbers.As the seas laid down even more I got faster and faster til I was ultimately going 20.2-20.5 at the same GPH etc

?????What gives??? Is this normal or is there something way off on the set up of my motor install that this is somehow correcting?On the way down I running about 3900 at 25-27 and 10.5GPH which is the normal range I have seen.

Latest posts

Back