pilot house addition

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadell66

Reaction score
i have started my pilot house addition to my 23'1989 parker sou' wester walkaround, my canvas was worn out and not sure which direction to go. i am attempting my hand at fiberglass fabrication.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 2,358
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 2,357
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 2,357
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 2,357
Proportion to the existing boat is the most important thing, and you have it right

Your not the first to do this. I saw a 2110 with that same addition. Best of luck to you.

file.php

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5823

thanks for the positive comments, more work this weekend ! more pics to follow.

i have contacted wynne inc for the windows for my pilot house got a quote. any suggestions for manufacturers in the NJ area??

wadell66":3r8a543e said:
i have contacted wynne inc for the windows for my pilot house got a quote. any suggestions for manufacturers in the NJ area??

The present 'silver' windows that Parker uses are Diamond Sea Glaze (which I believe is in Canada).
http://diamondseaglaze.com/

Wynne supplied the windows in the older model Parkers (the ones with the black frames).

Wynne is the windows that you want.

DSG are very expensive; typically 2x the expense of Wynne. And both will leak. I'd suggest that you NOT get the opening front window because these will leak very fast. Only get the opening front window if you have a "dam" constructed on your dash (helm) and a drainage installed to direct the water overboard.

Wynne will charge about $150 for a fixed window and about $300 for a slider. Shipping will be a few hundred dollars.

I recently purchased 13 windows from Wynne; 2 sliders, 1 opening front and 10-fixed and the cost shipped to me was $2400.

GoodChance":26z6ae9d said:
Wynne is the windows that you want.

DSG are very expensive; typically 2x the expense of Wynne. And both will leak. I'd suggest that you NOT get the opening front window because these will leak very fast. Only get the opening front window if you have a "dam" constructed on your dash (helm) and a drainage installed to direct the water overboard.

Wynne will charge about $150 for a fixed window and about $300 for a slider. Shipping will be a few hundred dollars.

I recently purchased 13 windows from Wynne; 2 sliders, 1 opening front and 10-fixed and the cost shipped to me was $2400.

You want Wynne if you can't afford DSG. I've never had a properly-installed DSG leak (Aside from pop-out helm windows, but that's a diffeent story). All 12 Wynnes on our old 42' Wesmac leaked, and all 12 leak on the new one. The sister ship to both those Wesmacs had DSG's, they don't leak (yet again, other than the pop-out helm window, which is outside and doesn't matter).

Is it worth it for the lack of teeny leaks? I don't think so. Our new build, a 55' Wesmac, is getting Wynne's...

more photos of my progress, i was slowed up by a cold that lasted a good week.it took some time contouring the inside of the mold being in the body shop business ifigured using gorilla hair for the corners was a good idea .next time i will try modeling clay ,live and learn .i was really nervous about the pilothouse releasing from the mold. it popped out.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 1,627
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 1,627
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 1,627
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 1,627
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 1,627
Hi Bryan 2530 the pic of the boat you posted is owned by a good friend of mine he is one of the best fisherman on the lower bay he had this boat and sold it and moved up to a 25 walkaround. Only to sell the 25 and buy back the 21 he had a builder in crisfield md install the pilot house and its a nice touch. That parker probably has the most hrs than any parker out there im not kidding. Id like to have the money this guy spends on gas and bait a yr. He is a great guy and always fishing ill get more pics of her when I get off this tug.

made headway this weekend, as usual i am overthinking everything but had a trial fit on the boat and measured for the glass to bo ordered

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 1,482
windows cut and ordered adding some reinforcing and now working on the top for the house

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 1,371
windows are cut out and glass is ordered

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 1,371