Planner Boards on a 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dash Four

Reaction score
A fishing buddy has bought a set of planner boards. They are about
three feet long and three layers.

He wants to use them on the Parker, and connect them to the cabin
top somewhere.

Anyone used planner boards, and how on a Parker?

Thanks...

I hook mine to the forward part of the cabin top grab handle.
Some guys I know have run a 1/4 x 20 stainless eye hook thru the cabin overhang and secure to that. ( be sure to have a good backing plate).
I am probably going to do the same this weekend as I have just refinished the teak handrails and don't want to mess them up.

If your rooftop grab rails are stainless, the middle attachment point might work well.
You can see it here, right behind the rooftop horns...

Image-2DB7671039BB11DA.jpg

You can run the main line through a glass eye or a snap of some sort on a line led back to the cockpit so you can either add releases or retrieve the boards without going forward as well.

On my 2520 I put 2 small ss Brackets(?) I dont knw the real name 2 bolts through to a backing plate w/ just enough of an eye to hool the caribiners to. One each on the forward most corners of the Pilot house. Have worked great for years. If I were doing it again I'd try the mid point of the roof grab rail... Caought 5 rock last Sun all off the PBs or roof rod. Lost a couple others..

So as I understand it, the top is strong enough to support
the boards. If using the existing grab rails as from the factory
do you need to put backer plates under them?

Latest posts

Back