Polishing aluminum tubing, tips

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panga

Reaction score
I am planning on getting a few more projects done on the boat, then am going to do some serious waxing and polishing.I have never really done much of this kind of work, but have read a bunch on how to polish buff and wax the hull, but I havent found much on polishing the aluminum tubing. My 2520 has a tuna tower made out of 1.5" aluminum tubing, which could use some polishing.

-What products are best for this? something to cut the oxidation, and polish the tubing. I assume I would use one 'cutting' type product, then follow up with a wax or sealer?

-What can I use to polish, some sort of buffing wheel for the grinder? The parker has a bunch of aluminum tubing, and Im sure by hand would be ideal, but with out a power buffer this just aint gonna get done.

Thanks for the help.

How bad is it?

If its not pitted, I would not polish it because you'll take off the anodized coating and it will look worse when the polish weathers, and you will create a bunch of work for yourself trying to maintain it.

Try fluid film, that is what I use on my riggers and launcher, works great and is super easy to apply.

Cool, thanks for the tips, I will be careful about the anodizing, and give one of those products a shot.

Back