Poor craftsmanship on new parkers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrell68

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I just took delivery on a new 25 se and i have to say was a little dissapointed in the minor details of the boat. While boat was in my yard noticed a few screws on rub rail were not in all the way so for the hell of it i backed a couple out there was no 4200 on none of the threads. Also my screws around my livewell are all pitting with rust as well as the back transom area. Screws also look like there angled and not in straight. I know parker made a great boat for many years as ive owned 5 of them has anyone else noticed stuff like this in any of the newer boats thank you....

I can"t comment on the angled screws or the lack of sealant on the rubrail, but I can say that a similar complaint was made on Facebook regarding rusty screws. Robin Parker replied that all of the screws are coming from China and the quality has been poor. She was unaware of any other supplier.

There is a trend in the entire Work Force.

This is in any trade.....It's extremely hard to get good quality workers!

I have a 2520 2015 bought new, as of now I just about replaced every white painted stainless screw or bolt that they used on my boat. Very poor quality stainless. It would drive me nuts once they start to bleed rust and there was no stopping it like a bad cancer

Just bought a 2020 2120 no rust on the screws yet but all the rub rail ones look crooked not in straight noticed other thing off also some screws dont look tight on some windows and other stuff looks off electronics are crooked still happy with the boat but thought the quality would be better also after everything I read about them

My 2019 has minor rust spots here and there. I use a little of the blue jelly stuff FSB and it comes right off. I also had 2001 Triumph that did the same. Stainless hardware does have iron in it so it does rust especially in a salt environment. I guess it should be called "rust less." There are also other items on my boat that aren't perfect. I attribute them to being a hand made boat and having enough time to spend on the boat to notice them. One thing is the "200" stickers on the front of my engine cowls aren't the same height so it looks like one engine is lower than the other relative to the transom when looking aft. Nothing made by hand is perfect; but, I don't let the little things take any pleasure away from the enjoyment I get from her. It just makes her original in my eyes.

I've had two 2520 pilothouses over 19 years before buying a 2018 23 SE all of which I think are well built boats. After the first couple times out with the 23 SE I took handfuls of loose wood out of the bilge as well as a couple screws and a thru hull brass scupper fitting. I didn't like the plastic rod/cup holders so I replaced them with Mate Series heavy stainless versions with backing plates which are great. When I took off the plastic rod/cup holders the plastic was badly cracked on all of them. I contacted the Mate Series company owner and he told me it was an on going problem Parker was aware of. I contacted Parker and they sent me a short one sentence reply "they've seen a few cup holder cracking problems on the new SEs". Parker made no offer to make it right although I've bought three new Parkers over the last 20 years. The replacements are a great upgrade and I'd suggest to check yours if you have plastic under the stamped stainless cover on your rod/cup holders. The screws holding my live well are orange with rust already as others have posted. The inside port side of the hull looks like it was disc sanded roughly in an area about 2 ft square I didn't notice until I bought it. With all that said, I really like my 23 SE. The stability is great drift fishing and it gets me to the grounds very economically in all but the worst of days. I've put thousands of miles on her in the past two seasons and two hundred in the last week so she's been battle tested for sure.

Just launched my new (leftover) 2019 2320.....
Livewell drain completely cracked..... (so angry at myself for not spotting this on sea trial, looked good from the top until i touched it)
see pics attached....

raw water wash down leaked from discharge side of pump during sea trial.... (fixed before delivery)

Been raining here in florida.... just noticed tonight water on the deck in the cabin and water coming from aft cabin light.... water is leaking from wire penetration from anchor Nav light......

So yes... Agree with Original poster

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 212
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 212
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 211
Back