• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Poor old girl deserved better

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forum member GW204 sent that one to me about a week ago.
I posted it to the 'Shark Tank' over on ClassicMako with the title "Bobbys next project?" for the project boat folks.

Warthog5 (also a member here on CP), is one of the "Head Sharks" over on ClassicMako and just splashed a Mako pilothouse project that took him several years to build. Since Bobby is such a fan of pilothouses, I thought he might appreciate one that just needs some TLC and new power.

Suprisingly enough, several other forum members over there were interested in that boat. :)

I guess I should have posted that project here as well. That's my fault. :oops:

Do we have any ClassicParker members who are into project boats and fiberglass dust?

If I had a home with a big enough shop, I would seriously consider a project like that boat. She is an open-back too! :wink: The eBay ad doesn't say it, but I'm guessing that is a 2530 MVSC?

9d_12.JPG

82_12.JPG

She has been used hard, but I don't see any major structural issues or rot in those eBay photos...
Anyone here interested in her?

If I had this for sale, I'd do the gelcoat repairs first before listing her. At the bare minimum I'd clean the boat and clear the deck. I don't get it.

Aside from that I just would be real thorough in checking the brackets well. Very interesting and tempting for sure, though. I wish the seller luck.

Megabyte":3iu3cy4v said:
She has been used hard, but I don't see any major structural issues or rot in those eBay photos ...
Anyone here interested in her?
If a deep-V ... yeah, I'd take a look. Same year as mine that was bought in a similar manner, though mine was somewhat cleaner. If I lived nearby I'd do a quick survey with mallet and power screwdriver and remove anything & everything bolted on ... looking for rot to the core.

I don't care for the way :( they put the old deck panel back in ... after installing new tanks. Exposed screws on a seam? Sacriligious :shock: !

Attachments

• Cockpit.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,907
DaleH":ubbw2yxa said:
I don't care for the way :( they put the old deck panel back in ... after installing new tanks. Exposed screws on a seam? Sacriligious :shock: !

I agree. I'd have glassed her back together, faired her out, and re-rolled the non-skid.

I can see no practical reason to have a hatch. If the tanks were done right, they should last 20 years or more. Leaving those seams there is just asking for water intrusion.

Oh, I'm not looking to get it. I was just pointing out the fact that it looks like someone bought it off ebay to flip. How about a new TV show called "Flip that Parker"? :D :D :D

Besides, if the wife won't let me spend $100 on a project boat, you think she would go for 95 times that??? :) :( :) :(

It frightens me when the ad shouts in capital letters "THIS BOAT IS NOT A SINKER!"

Kind of like a guy saying over and over to anyone who'll listen "I don't beat my wife"

Back