Pop Up Running Light

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meat Without Feet

Reaction score
Bow light is not illuminating. Checked the breaker and it wasn't tripped. Next thing I'll check is the bulb.

Kinda surprised and disappointed to have a problem already since the boat is only a year old and very very very low hours on the running lights.

Probably a dumb question but, how do you open the pop up bow light to get at the bulb ?

Thanks in advance.

MWF,

I had a similar problem. Fortunately it was an easy fix. Removed a few small screws on the housing and popped out the bulb. Took bulb to local West Marine to ensure I had the right match. Had it reinstalled in minutes. Recommend you buy an extra bulb and keep on board for the next time.

thanks. I just got a pair of bulbs. Kinda surprised it burned out already. I also had problems with the wiring on the t-top for the anchor lights and spreader lights. I had the dealer install a custom t-top when i bought the boat and the guy that wired it did an awful terrible job. The wires could have been a few inches longer and pulled out of the crimp connectors. Additionally, the anchor lamp has 2 bulbs, one fore, one aft and he didn't even connect the aft anchor lamp into the circuit , just cut the wire below the fixture in the t-top so only the forward one was illuminated.

Funny, i bought a new boat so I wouldn't have these problems. :cry:

Sounds like a dealer issue, not a Parker issue. They're the ones who messed with the factory wiring.

Those navigation and anchor light bulbs need to be replaced pretty often. I swapped mine out with LED fixtures the first season I had the boat. They weren't cheap, but its one less thing to worry about, and they look awesome!

If you use the boat frequently at night, I highly recommend LEDs. I don't have a single non-led bulb left on my boat.

No doubt its a dealer issue, I should say another dealer issue.

I didn't mean to imply in anyway its a Parker issue.

Do you have a link to those LED lights ?

TIA

I hear ya. Dealers are a pain in the a$$ sometimes.

I use these for my nav lights. They're made by Innovative Lighting. They have the combination model here. Its not a pop-up though.:

large_f40641187206190126.jpg

And I got one of these for my anchor light. The pole is only 12", but its the same diameter as the factory pole. So you just have to pop off the light fixture and mount it to your factory pole.:

Fig%201340%20WHT.jpg

There are several other options available. Hella makes some nice LED stuff too.

My light went out first season new boat :wink: . LED is the only way to go........On my list of ToDo's.

My white mast light, rear bulb, has blown twice in the 13 months we've owned the boat. I do not lower it (no bridges to go under) so it's not from banging it around. I just keep spares onboard.

Back