Porkchunker (with 2510 "Tina's Diamond") had arriv

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eminent Brother and esteemed fellow Parker owner,
Nice to see you made it. As of saturday my trailer is ready to roll and a fishing trip to the CCNPP is in order. Might I see you there??

Good to see you here Dave. Here is another shot of Tina's Diamond bailing fish during the 2005 Wish-a-Fish event. :)

Image-086E1F5DE65811D9.jpg

Take care of Graybeard down there at the CCNPP. We need him back to fish the SRRKC tourney in the spring. :D

Porkchunker":1luopfws said:
Man those planner boards really advertise themselves!!!! Hadn't realized that was my signature--visible from miles away.

Thats how I know it's you from a distance. :D

Here's a few more of both your boats that I took at Wish-A-Fish (I went out on the Reel Buster. I left them big so you can do what you want with them so let me know when you get them and I will pull them down

Edited to remove big pictures

Porkchunker, If you are the same one that has the wooden hull power boat, did you ever get any update on your builder of your hull? And did you work out the painting of the hull?

Oyster":10ocbgp4 said:
Porkchunker, If you are the same one that has the wooden hull power boat, did you ever get any update on your builder of your hull? And did you work out the painting of the hull?

No luck on finding the maker, but I'm getting some leads on a painter. Several people have told me that $250 a foot ($4k for the 16' boat) is for "see yourself to shave" quality. That is the quality for a classic boat show. I don't need that, so the recommendation is to "roll and tip" myself. Gotta think that through a bit, and maybe practice on some scrap before I go after the little Porkchunker.

Porkchunker":3mimd6fz said:
Oyster":3mimd6fz said:

No luck on finding the maker, but I'm getting some leads on a painter. Several people have told me that $250 a foot ($4k for the 16' boat) is for "see yourself to shave" quality. That is the quality for a classic boat show. I don't need that, so the recommendation is to "roll and tip" myself. Gotta think that through a bit, and maybe practice on some scrap before I go after the little Porkchunker.

If you know how to operate a sander, and willing to do the prepwork, then offer one of the car painters just spray it, even with enamel. I bet you could check around, and find that to be an alternative.

Yes, I'm doing some research and have decided that I'll either do the whole thing, finishing with the topcoat being applied by roller and tipping off with a brush (what they call roll and tip), or I'll do the prep, including the primer, and let someone come in and shoot her with the topcoat.

Have learned a lot about marine paints--very few DO NOT have the caveat: "not for use below the waterline." Looks like I'm going to be forced into 2-part epoxy paint.

Back