PORTA BOTES ????????????????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Principal Reeler

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the PORTA-BOTE dinghys/small fishing boats ?

Supposedly, they are made of a special material that lets you "fold" them lengthwise, open and close, for "portability" !! Come in 8', 10', and 12' sizes.

Thanks,

Mac/PR

ps Posted this on the "All Parker Boats" forum too. Wanted to cover all the bases :wink: . Sorry for the duplication :(

They are pretty interesting little boats. The Japenese Coast Guard tested them by loading them with I believe it was 800lbs of concrete, then hoisted it up several stories with a crane and dropped it onto a road bed and besides for a few scuffs, the structural integrity remained rock solid. I got the privledge to ride in one, a 10'. It was a little tipsy but a decent ride. I would never buy one myself, but for someone with no dock and no truck to tow a boat with, they are a decent investment.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, FishAC...

I appreciate the reply :D . We have an in-water Boat Show in Boston this Thursday thru Sunday. Porta Boat will be there. You've given me the info I need to make an good decision :wink:.

Sales pitches from any company's sales rep are just the company line being spouted :lol: . But our forum has great, honest comments like yours !!! Thanks again, buddy!

Mac

Back