POWER ? (200)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tag5505

Reaction score
WHITE WATER SOLD ME A 23 PILOT,AND THE STANDARD POWER WAS A 200 HP YAMMIE.
AND I GOT STUCK WITH IT.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A 23 WITH A 200 ON THE BACK?
THEY CLAIM THAT NO ONE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE THE POWER PLANT FOR THAT PARTICULAR BOAT.
BUT NOW THAT IM STUCK WITH IT ,IM STUCK WITH IT.
I LIKE THE IDEA OF CONSERVING FUEL,. BUT IT SEEMS TO ME THAT 200 IS WAY UNDERPOWERED FOR THAT BOAT.
WHAT IS THE TOP SPEED IN THIS CASE?

You asked about this combo 6 weeks ago. Several negative responces then. Why do you say you are "stuck with it"?

Did you take delivery anyway?

If you haven't taken delivery and run motor, why not pay WWM to change out motors. They could rig the 200 on another Parker. Might cost you a couple of thousand, but better than the underpowered alternative.

check yamaha's web site for performance bulletins. That should give you some idea.

Ray

I was in the same boat, and still am.Ok here it is-could the boat use a 250 absolutly yes.Will the 200 work yes.If i had the chance to buy from wwm again i would insist on a 250.With that said,the 200 is working just fine.I do alot of fishing in and offshore,loaded 4 man crew ice,bait,tackle,big lunches,ect.Sure with all that weight its going to feel a little sluggish.Working the tabs helps alot (I plan on getting larger ones thanks CP).The best advice i can give you is if you want a fast boat, more hauling power dont settle for the 200.If your not to concerned about those things the 200hp will do the job.Dont get me wrong,I always here that little sad voice in my mind saying should of got the 250.But i learned to live with it and i enjoy the hell out of my boat and yes the200hp,Either way you choose you will be OK. :wink:

Yea Im not lookig for speed,I dont carry a lot of weight,I guess the most important thing to me is a boat that can handle choppy water,and fuel economy

here is what I just found out about Yamaha performance report.
2320sl with a 200 hp;
rpm@4000-mph is 26.50,...gph is8.9,...mpg is3.0
rpm@5500-mph is 40.05,...gph is13.9,...mpg is2.8

2320sl with a 250hp;
rpm@4000-mph is 26.9,....gph is10.15,.....mpg is2.65
rpm@5500-mph is 42.1,....gph is19.20,.....mpg is2.19

I think Ill stay with the 200.(The fact that its already on the boat and it would cost me 3000 to swap it out is also another factor)(I would also have to wait until the middle of May)

Back