POWER STEERING ADD ON?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
89 2520, 2021 SUZUKI 300 FBW

I am trying to see if there is a way to add power steering to my boat. I have severely challenged shoulders from .mil injuries, one replaced and on overdue. Even the replacement shoulder only gives me about 50% of what I ought to have and the other shoulders just along for the ride. My biggest issue is docking in small spaces. I live on a canal and its a little tight getting in with a 2520 with a 300 hanging off the rear. There is a lot of steering going on and I'm just looking for see if there is a mechanical/electrical solution I can add on. Thanks for looking.

Beach

What’s your current steering? Brand and model if possible. Hydraulic or mechanical?

If mechanical, go hydraulic and it should be a huge improvement. If you’re already hydraulic then there’s steering assist boosters but they’re pricey. You could also try a bigger hydraulic ram if you’re possibly undersized on the current hydraulic set up.

Also if you’re already hydraulic, maybe new fluid could help. It degrades over time and it eventually becomes less effective as it breaks down, similar to Brake fluid for the car.

Back