powertech 4 blade prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLA69

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying a four blade prop for my 2310 parker with an f225 yamaha.Is anyone here useing this setup and if so what size and pitch works well with this parker and yamaha power?

Contact Ken @ www.propgods.com . I bought my Powertech 4-blade from him, a 15.25" by 15" pitch, IIRC. Ken will advise the correct prop, or exchange it out for what was (when I bought mine) a $35 exchange fee. If tight on $$, ask to see if there's a demo wheel you can buy, as they sell them off after a few uses for cheaper, but note this is often, but worth the inquiry.

Tell Ken I sent you ... won't hurt.

I have just been through this with my 2310.
I have tried from a 19 pitch to a 16 pitch some three blade( Odd number pitch) and some four blade (Even number pitch). I think the sweet spot for this boat is a 15 (in my case) x 17 pitch.
So if a four blade is your desire I would suggest an 18 pitch. The 16 is great out of the hole but cuts the top end speed. It is a trade off. You should go with the largest diameter that you can fit.

Stay away from the piranha props. I was advised by DALE that "the Parker is too heavy for them"*. So I tried it anyway........ Yep broke a blade off during acceleration! It is a great concept, just for smaller boats. Good news is that they took it back no questions.
Good luck.

*He was right.

A powertech OFX4 15x15.25 came with my boat. Great prop with lots of bite. It is especially very good around the docks and midrange

I've got a PowerTech OFS (3 blade) in a 15.25 x 15 and wonder about making the switch to a 4-blade. My research indicates that you typically lose top-end performance but gain efficiency in the mid-range which is really all most of us Parker owners care about... Any thoughts from people that have made this particular switch? Would one typically go up or down a pitch when going from 3 blade to 4 blade?

Back