Preliminary Performance Results: 2100CC & F150

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
I finally had some time today to mess around with the boat, complete the break-in cycle, and see what the boat will do.

Parker equipped my F150 with a 15-1/4 x 15 three bladed black stainless steel prop. Parker had been using props with more pitch and less diameter, and apparently mine is one of the first with the smaller pitch. I called the factory on this and was told the lower pitch prop helped the engine rev up to 6000 rpm, and also helped with acceleration.

Well...the factory was right.

Two guys, full fuel load (100 gallons), cooler, ice, rods, and the usual junk, and without trying, I got 6000 rpm and 40 mph on both the GPS and built in Yamaha speedo. I think there is a little more if I play with trim.

4000 rpm delivered 25+ mph, and 4500 produced just about 30 mph. I "cruise" at 25 or so, and with a little trim fiddle, I was able to achieve this with 3900 rpm, and about 5.6 gph. Su-weeeet.

Had the depth finder hooked up to the GPS, and I like the outcome...got a nice big depth indicator on the lower left of the GARMIN 4208.

This is one sweet boat. Heavy enough to smash down waves, dry-riding and for a 21-footer, plenty of walk-around room. Two outboard boats ago, I owned a nice 19-footer CC, but it was much lighter than this new Parker, and it simply did not ride as well.

Do you know if you have a Reliance prop or the Yammie numbers on your prop?

Mine came with the 14 1/4 X 16 ss and it will not turn 6,000. I was told by Yammie that the new Reliance is a cupped prop and that it is pitched to work well on the 150 and the 2120 (my boat).

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

I'll see what I can see. It came in a plain cardboard box, and the little label on the box said "SS (15-1/4 x 15 -M). I'm guessing the first number is the diameter, and the second, the pitch, but of course, I could have it bass ackwards! :D
- - -

Well, I just checked the prop. There's nothing visible that indicates anything about it. If there are numbers or nomenclature, it must require the removal of the prop to see. I could snap a photo of it...

hakr":dcsagv6e said:
Well, I just checked the prop. There's nothing visible that indicates anything about it. If there are numbers or nomenclature, it must require the removal of the prop to see. I could snap a photo of it...

If you remove the prop, the size will be embossed on the back.
Photo below...

Image-1CB9E9327D3511D9.jpg

I know the size, but not the model number. I believe that was the question.

Yaaa... I was looking for the model number of the prop or trying to see if it is a Reliance. Thanks for checking. Maybe your dealer has the info? Nag nag. No special effort needed. I did see a noe some where herein where Eric at Parker may be testing a prop soon.

It would be a bit more civilized to put the Yammie prop numbers on the aft end of the prop or at the base of the blades, but guess that's why I am not the king.,,,,,,,Pete

greatcir":1swuhutp said:
Yaaa... I was looking for the model number of the prop or trying to see if it is a Reliance. Thanks for checking. Maybe your dealer has the info? Nag nag. No special effort needed. I did see a noe some where herein where Eric at Parker may be testing a prop soon.

It would be a bit more civilized to put the Yammie prop numbers on the aft end of the prop or at the base of the blades, but guess that's why I am not the king.,,,,,,,Pete

The dealer may or may not know. The prop came in a plain brown box along with the boat. I looked over the box carefully, and all it had on it was a scanning label which carried the bar code, and the size of the prop.

Back