Problems with my fishfinder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maguro

Reaction score
I run 2 Raymarine C80 displays with radar, fishfinder and auto pilot, all Raymarine. My DSM 300 will stop working with a message that reads DSM connection lost and it will do this while crusing and while at the dock. Has anybody had this problem?

YOU GOT BUBBLES!!!!

What type and where is your transducer?

Does your connection get lost when starting your motor?

Do you have anything mounted on the hull beside or directly forward of your transducer? Any gouges in your fiberglass on the keel?

Its is a in hull transduser and it does cut out when I start the motor thats on that battery.
I just added a 3rd battery just for electronics hoping that that will help.
My hull is basicly new, no gouges just paint and the transduser is in the aft bilge with the 3 battries, charger bilge pump raw water pump, but none are infront of the transducer

Thanks for your help

It cuts out when you start because of the drop in voltage. I have the same problem when I'm out fishing for a while with all the electronics draining the battery and I start up the motor. You can purchase a voltage regulator to fix it but for me I just deal with it because aftet startup it comes back online. I have never lost connection under power though, my only guess would be bubbles between the transducer and the hull in whatever substance was used to mount it.

Back