Project: Replace wash down pump with thru hull transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv2fish

Reaction score
I have never used my wash down pump and have been thinking that if I have to have a hole in my hull it might as well be for something I use. My boat is a 2006 and I've never done maintenance to the pump thru hull. Has anyone ever replaced this with a thru hull transducer? Any suggestions on type? I have a Lowrance head unit so I would like to get optimal performance for my unit.

Thanks for any suggestions. This is a winter project (that means Jan - Mar in Virginia Dale). :D

In my opinion I would leave the wash down pump alone, although you don't use it, it is a huge plus for a lot of us. I would leave it in simply for resale value.

It can be done but the location of the thru-hull is more critical for a transducer than an intake, ie. near-by strakes, other thru-hull fittings, trailer rollers , etc. Check x-ducer mfg'r location specs before install.

Thanks for the comments. I'm doing more research. It is still a couple of months before I plan to tackle this.

Steve

Ditto on the location of the wash down pump pickup. I recently had a thru hull tranducer installed and if I recall correctly the pump pickup was behind a strake that would have been otherwise unsuitable for a transducer.

Latest posts

Back