Prop Recommendation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rseate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believed I had posted earlier but couldn’t find it.

I’ve got a 2015 23000cc with 300 Yamaha. The boat experiences porpoising around 32 - 38mph. I’ve had the engine height checked (mounted with 1 open hole at the bottom). It currently has a 17 x 15 1/2 3 blade prop. Wondering if this is the correct prop for the boat, should I go to four blade, etc.
All help is appreciated!

I have a 2019 2300 DV w/ 300 Yam and run with the motor 1 hole down from the top with a Merc Rev 4/Q4 17P. It does cavitate in turns. A few others run a Merc Eco 3 18P. I can get 3.1mpg at 3600 going 28mph. Top end is ~52mph. I feel that the boat has too much weight in the stern. This winter I will move the batteries to the center console.

I have a 2019 2300 DV w/ 300 Yam and run with the motor 1 hole down from the top with a Merc Rev 4/Q4 17P. It does cavitate in turns. A few others run a Merc Eco 3 18P. I can get 3.1mpg at 3600 going 28mph. Top end is ~52mph. I feel that the boat has too much weight in the stern. This winter I will move the batteries to the center console.
I have considered moving my batteries as well. I'm adding a built in tackle storage station that will come through the starboard side of the console into the head area. If I do that it'll take up the area that I would use to relocate the batteries. Also, if I add an anchor trolling motor things begin to get tough for space in there.

Latest posts

Back