Prop size for 2120 w/ f150

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my Parker out on the water. It was the first time this boat had touched the Pacific. NICE BOAT! It was great to confirm everything that I had read about the 2120. Can't wait till get a little blood on the deck. IMO the ride was on the smooth side, after reading about the subject, I was expecting a rougher ride. Cruise speed was great for 99% of the fishing I will be doing. Super nice to close the door of the pilot house and have a quiet conversation with the wife. My wife saw some whales a mile from the pier, the Parker scored big points. I hope my wife will make a couple of salmon trips with me so I can catch two more. :mrgreen:

Along with the first ride I was able to preform the prop test(befor I picked up my wife). Conditions were smooth 4' at 15s, half tank of fuel, and me. I was able to achieve 5300rpm without playing with the motor trim or trim tabs too much which leads to another question. Is there a trim tab indicator gauge available? It's difficult for this rookie to determine what position the trim tabs are in??

I believe the current prop on my boat is the one from the factory. It's a SS 3 blade with a 16m stamped on it. With the information from my test I believe it's wearing the wrong prop. I've searched for "2120" and have read all 140 something threads before my boat was delivered from NC. I can recall that there was a specific prop that worked on the 2120 to achieve 200rpm from the 6000 but for some reason I'm unable to locate the info now. I emailed Ken at propgods and replied with I think this one would work best so I'm looking for some firm convermation what the correct prop would be.

Along with the prop I realize that the height of motor, wider trim tabs, and hydrofoil will also help but seems logical to start with the prop. My funds are becoming limited and I need to start spacing out my investments.

Recap on Questions:
Trim tab indicator?
Start with the prop to achieve RPM?

Thanks for all of the help on the sub ject and for this site. Without this site I wouldn't of purchased a Parker. You guys are awesome!!

Looks like I get my very own thread! Here is a picture of my motor height. Once I figure out the right prop I will have to have someone watch where my cavitation plate is when on plane. From all the information I've read on this site, it sounds like everyone has raised their motors to the bottom hole?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 528
It is a Yamaha Reliance 14 1/2 X 15 three blade stainless I bought from Shortsmarine.com for $371.25. Yamaha part number 68F-45970-00-00. It was designed for the 150 4s.

I found the above info on a thread which had the right rpm max with this prop!

We'll I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 14 1/2 x15 three blade. My only question is the 3 blade part. I thought I read a thread about someone having a four blade prop that worked well. I'll give yamaha a call on Monday and I'll report what the info!

Well took 10 seasons but finially replaced my stock 14.5 x 16 prop with a 14 1/2 X 15 RELIANCE 68F-45970-00-00. Night and day, better hole shot, more rpm and mph. Don't wait do it sooner then later.

2007 2120 with 2006 f150, prop and motor location answers?

See a bit of posts about the motor heigth and props.
My motor is in the stock location, 2nd hole from the top.
Prop is the black SST 15.5 X 15
Does ok, a bit slow up on a plane, feels a bit underpowered?

Use the boat for some fishing but mostly diving the north coast of Calif.
Not much in the way of calm seas here and always loaded with lots of gear, that said, the boat does fine. Looking for more punch off the bottom.

See posts about the - 14 1/4 by 15 reliance prop.

Help

Re-powering my boat, but still have the prop's anyone in the Long Island NY area interested take them both for $200.00,

the stock 16m prop and the 2 season's old 14 1/2 X 15 RELIANCE 68F-45970-00-00

Latest posts

Back